Harry: Final Chapter

HARRY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grimmauld Place's kitchen contained a long table inside the narrow space. Not every seat around it was filled, but the people that were there were the ones that mattered. Sirius Black sat at the head of the table. Remus was two seats down, occasionally glancing at Harry sitting across from him, taking slow sips of the soup in front of him. A few seats down from his, Tonks was entertaining everyone with faces of common farm animals.

"I find it very peculiar how the Ministry hasn't published an article about the Dementor attacks," Sirius said, tapping the side of his glass twice, looking thoughtful.

"Or the hearing. They already have uneasy feelings about the boy-"

"What's the Ministry of Magic got against me?" Harry raised an eyebrow, his eyes squinting slightly in confusion. It seemed like ever voice in the room went silent, eyes fell on him.

"Show him," Mad-Eye Moody hid behind the collar of his ratted coat, leaning heavily on his staff. "He'll find out soon enough." The adults gave him odd looks of hesitance, but Kingsley Shacklebolt snatched a Daily Prophet from the counter and handed to Harry. Harry read the headlines in a state of disgust and disbelief.

"Fudge is scared Dumbledore's trying to steal his job," Shaklebolt explained.

"Why would Dumbledore want his job?" Harry read a few more lines before lowering the paper from his face.

"We haven't the slightest clue," Sirius sighed. He sounded tired.

"Fudge's mind has been warped and changed by fear. Fear makes people do crazy things, Harry." Remus placed his elbows on the table and his fingertips touched lightly. "Fudge will do anything in his power to not face the terrible truth that is Voldemort's return."

Sirius cleared his throat. "We believe...that Voldemort is attempting to build up his army again. In the first war, he had huge numbers. Not just witches and wizards, but a whole assortment of dark creatures at his command. Now, he's been recruiting heavily these past few months and we are trying to do the same. Followers don't come easy, but...that's not the only thing the Dark Lord is after," A deep cough prevented Sirius from speaking more. The man kept going, ignoring the warning looks Harry felt were being given.

"He's after something he didn't have last time." Sirius' eyes flitted around the room.

"Sirius." Moody growled. Harry furrowed his brow.

"Like a-a weapon?" Harry asked quietly. Sirius' face stayed flat, giving no hint of an answer until he opened his mouth, only to be cut off again by Mrs. Weasley.

"That's enough. He's just a boy." She said accusingly towards Sirius. Molly stole the newspaper from Harry and folded it half-hazardly. "Say much more and you'll practically be sending him to Voldemort right now!" She shrieked.

"Good! If he's building an army, I want to fight!" Harry jumped into the argument, tired of being left out of everything. Sirius gave Mrs. Weasley a smug look and leaned back into his chair, looking rather satisfied. Harry was glad someone was finally on his side about something.

"He's not James, Sirius." Molly said, her voice quieting significantly. Sirius' eyes went dark.

"And he's not your son."

"He's as good as! Now get to bed, children, that's quite enough for tonight." She ordered, not breaking her gaze away from Sirius, who sneaked a quick wink at Harry. They all reluctantly went but not without mumbled complaints.