Twenty-Six: Sirius

SIRIUS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't like Sirius to let Calysta out of his sight anymore. She was becoming more and more distressed as their last school year was coming to a close, so he wanted to keep an eye on her. But now, he couldn't find her. Even Lily told him she hadn't caught a glance of her since breakfast. Remus, James, and Peter also searched the castle for her, eventually finding her in a curious location after discovering a note on Sirius' nightstand that hadn't been there before.

"I was wondering when you'd come looking for me." Calysta hopped off the edge of the desk in Dumbledore's office, walking towards them. The Headmaster's bright eyes watched them all enter. Sirius immediately caged his hand around hers and eyed the older wizard with mild suspicion.

"Why didn't you tell us you were here? Why are you here?" Sirius searched her face for a reaction of sorts, but Calysta simply smiled faintly. Dumbledore cleared his throat, bringing all of their attention to him.

"Calysta and I have been speaking to each other for many weeks in secret, and we've brought up the subject of Voldemort and his Death Eaters many times," He paused; Sirius felt the room tense around him. "A plan, of sorts, has been thought of, written down, scrapped, then re-thought out. We've finally come to a enlightening idea that is sure to bring strong protection to both the Muggle world and Wizarding world and many are already on board."

"Excuse me, sir, but what exactly are you getting at?" James interjected. Dumbledore lifted his head thoughtfully.

"I think Calysta is better apt to explain her thoughts." He gestured his hand kindly towards Calysta, taking a seat on the short staircase behind them. Sirius' hand was emptied and Calysta stepped next to Dumbledore to better address them at once.

"I know you all remember the situation at the Three Broom Sticks," She started slowly, taking a deep breath; Sirius knew it still bothered her highly. "And there is talk going around--I'm sure you've heard it-- that wizards are requesting better security throughout the entire expansion of the Ministry. And because of my forced enlistment, I don't want anyone getting hurt by the order of someone with no mercy."

"We won't let you get taken by damn Death Eaters, Calysta." Sirius told her darkly. Calysta threw him a silencing look and glanced back to Dumbledore.

"It's inevitable. They will get their way, or I will be killed. The Dark Lord himself gave me that choice of dying or becoming a Death Eater. That's the problem: I would much rather die than join a group of blood-thirsty murders, but then I couldn't see that our plan is carried out all the way through."

"It's not the plan we're worried about! It's about you being safe." Remus argued alongside Sirius. Sirius nodded in total agreement. James and Peter were also in favor. Dumbledore raised his hands to calmly quiet them down.

"You haven't heard everything we want to say yet, Mr. Black." He countered, baiting them to continue arguing. Sirius' mouth closed with a grudging glance at the Headmaster. He had great respect for the man, but he didn't seem nearly worried enough for his student's well-being.

"Professor Dumbledore and I want to create an organization dedicated to the take-down of the evil brought by Voldemort. Meaning the decrease and eventual stop of attacks, missing persons returned, and no more meaningless killings." Calysta listed definitely, looking at a different person with each reason she told.

"But we'll need help recruiting. This group of trusted people must be the most experienced with a wand and have the ability to make decisions that include putting other people before themselves, for the sake of, how do you say, keeping strength in numbers. They must be undoubtedly prepared for anything and be ready leaders if needed." Dumbledore added. "I have decided to take it upon myself to find these wizards and have their loyalty before Voldemort can. He's already gone after Ministry workers and influential wizards."