Eleven: Remus

REMUS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I don't want to look like I just showed up for the reception." Remus looked sideways at Calysta nervously. She waved his comment away and linked her arm in his.

"It's alright, Remus. No one minds." The girl pulled him into the very large gazebo with sheer white curtains. Her arm left his when they entered. She spun around with her arms outstretched, showing off the interior. It was impressive; an iron arch stood over the cake, which caught his attention first. The frosting was a dark brown with purple around the whole bottom level, with the texture similar to the expertly created, pink frosting-roses. The rest was the brown color, measuring to four layers. Remus gaped, his mouth watering.

"Is it-"

"Chocolate? Yes. Ardedia's favorite." Calysta smiled knowingly. Remus nodded slightly, amazed by the detail. The floor was white wood and the tables had real roses in ceramic vases and petals on the tabletops. He knew the colors to be purple, pink, and brown. Remus never suspected the colors would have looked good together.

"Are the other's here?"

"Oh, yeah! Over here towards the front. James and Sirius were here last night: they stayed in the Bed and Breakfast. Then Peter came shortly before you did." Calysta informed.

"So I'm last," Remus sighed apologetically.

"Lily hasn't arrived yet! Plus you didn't miss much; only the kiss." She laughed teasingly. Remus rolled his eyes and smiled as he saw his mates all at the table near the front.

"Not as many people as I thought there would be."

"Ardedia's family is small. And some of our family couldn't come from America so..." She stopped, knowing Remus got the point. They had made it over to James, Sirius, and Peter then. Calysta looked between them all.

"You all look so handsome," She complimented. Remus glanced around at everyone. Sirius, with a light grey suit and purple tie, smiled his usual charming smile and placed a cut rose bud in Calysta's hair. His hands slid down to her cheeks and he planted a kiss on her lips. Calysta smiled, then pulled back. She peeked over his shoulder and her expression brightened.

"I see Lily!" She turned to exit again. The boys' gaze followed her outside, where the familiar red-headed Gryffindor was coming up the sidewalk, pausing to look at the flowering land around the party. Her arms were thrown around Calysta when the two girls reached each other.

"She looks terrific in that dress. Yellow is her color." James nodded to himself, taking a swing of his wine in the narrow glass. Remus shook his head, watching the two girls enter the tent. Lily was looking around the gazebo at the elegant decor as Calysta walked carefully in her heels. Lily's eyes met James' and her cheeks darkened slightly. James' eyes were stuck on her like glue.

"Nice to see you all." Lily smiled, blowing a strand of hair from her eyes. They all waved. "Wow, the bride is beautiful." She gushed. They all followed her gaze, watching Ardedia spin; her dress float around her ankles. A long brown bow went around her thin waist, dragging on the wood. The woman had small purple and pink flowers woven into her rows of braids. Her dark skin made all the different colors stand out beautifully.

"Do you want to meet my brother? I just found him." Calysta was stretching her neck to peek over the heads of other people. Lily beamed, nodding. Remus found Biron towering over most of the people there. His broad shoulders were fitted in his suit, and his tie matched Sirius'; this made Remus chuckle a little.

"Come along then," Calysta gestured for them to follow. They all did; feeling a little timid as they approached the man. Remus' knew the smell of other werewolves, and he smelled it then. Biron must have too because he turned around before Calysta could call his attention. His five o' clock shadow made him look older than he probably was. Remus would put him in his twenties.