Sirius: Part 2

SIRIUS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calysta kissed Harry on the forehead before Hagrid started the motorbike, careful not to touch the scar the boy had received. She was still tempted to take Harry, but knew the dangers. She accepted that Harry would be safer, albeit bitterly. Sirius roughly pushed the front door out of the way of his long strides.

"Let's go catch us a rat." He turned towards Calysta, holding out an arm. Calysta wiped her knuckles under her eyes and joined Sirius. The low rumbles of the bike lifted from the ground and disappeared.

"Sirius, shouldn't we tell the Ministry?" Calysta asked breathlessly.

"Peter betrayed us all, Cal. He killed our best friends. He doesn't deserve the kindness!" Sirius strode quickly away from the ruined Potter house, Calysta shortly behind, saying nothing in return. She did however keep an eye on their retreating godson in the dark of the sky.

"I know a tracking spell. Are you wearing your ring?" Calysta broke the silence between them and asked Sirius, whose face was hard as stone. He dug in his pockets without breaking eye contact with whatever lay ahead of him. The gold ring fell from his hand into Calysta's palm and her fingers closed around it.

"Do you think Dumbledore knows?"

"He sent Hagrid, didn't he?" Sirius snapped. Calysta fell silent, a bit frightened by the harshness radiating off of him. Sirius wanted to apologize then, but he knew she understood. He looked at her, his eyes stinging.

"It's alright, Sirius. We'll find him. He'll pay for what he did." Calysta paused, then added on, "We'll see Harry again."

"Peter should die." Sirius said sternly. Calysta's jaw dropped momentarily.

"Sirius, you can't-"

"You know this is what has to happen!" Sirius cut her off. Her eyes watered, but she blinked tears away and cast the spell. Calysta's tracking spell sprang from her wand with a whirl of pink light. The spell soared in the sky, finally falling into a slow glide overhead, guiding them towards their target.

~~~~~

The neighborhood was growing lighter by the minute; it would be daylight soon enough. Light pink, blue, and orange-y hues painted the horizon, a new sun lighting up the sky. The tracking spell's light floated a few inches from the ground, guiding Sirius and Calysta down a street in a Muggle suburb.

"What are we going to do when we find him?"

"We'll hold him until the Aurors can get to him and put him in prison," Sirius was sure of himself when he said it. Calysta seemed to relax, releasing a breath she was holding, as it was what Calysta wanted.

"I don't want to kill him." She said. Sirius pursed his lips.

"I want to," Sirius blinked rapidly. "But I won't." He took a deep breath, feeling Calysta's eyes on him. The pink spell forming a bubble popped, loosing its shape and sinking into the ground.

"What's that?" She suddenly asked, her eyes quickly finding a new point to focus on. Sirius looked in the same direction.

"I think we've found him!" Sirius took off, ignoring Calysta calling his name.

"Sirius, he's armed!" The words finally hit him, but not before Peter met Sirius with a force that sent them both to the ground. Both men tussled on the pavement for a few minutes before Calysta joined in her falcon form and flapped her wings in Peter's face.

Peter was screaming; attracting attention of the Muggles just waking up for work like a normal day. Peter swatted the falcon with his hands and it lost control, turning into Calysta; she skidded to her back on the street. This enraged Sirius and he drew his wand. Peter had nowhere else to run.