Seventeen: Calysta

CALYSTA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Calysta's feet fumbled around each other clumsily as she was pulled behind Sirius down the stone path towards Hogsmeade. The cracks needed a little more care; dandelions and other weeds lined the different pieces in green. It was the first trip of the year, after only two weeks. The sky was littered with thin, wispy clouds overhead and a bright yellow sun warming Calysta's skin pleasantly.

"We're allowed to Apparate from Hogsmeade?" Calysta gasped as the pair came to a stop. Sirius jerked his head to the side to remove his hair from his face.

"Yeah, no wards like at the castle," He smirked. Calysta let him pick her up and spin her around.

"What about the others? Are they coming?" Calysta asked, slowly slipping down out of Sirius' arms. Her feet were flat on the ground when Sirius replied.

"Just you an' me." He smiled sweetly, grabbing Calysta's hand. She went along with him. Sirius told her how the Marauders liked to leave Hogsmeade when they first learned to Apparate in late fifth year as they walked down another path towards a more secluded area of the village.

"How many times have you done this?" She asked, not worried about it, but rather eager to participate.

"Maybe five or six. We've gone as far as London during our trips to Hogsmeade for a nice lunch at the park." He faked a posh tone. Calysta let a giggle escape her mouth.

Their hands swung between them. "And the boys know we're going to your place right? To get your stuff and bring it back here?" She had him confirm it. He nodded.

"Just a few things. I'm taking it to James' during Christmas break. Maybe sooner," He mumbled the last words out of fact it didn't matter that much. Calysta's and Sirius' steps synced, passing familiar shop fronts and the blur of the same faces of students at school, new third years enjoying their first visit there. "Ready?" Sirius broke the casual silence between them. They had stopped at the end of the street, hidden by an old brick structure.

"Ready." Calysta nodded, linking her arm with his.

"I could show you around the house a bit if you'd like." Sirius suggested.

"What about-" Calysta was cut off by the queasy sensation of Apparating. A new scenery laid out in front of Calysta's eyes. A Muggle street of apartments and condos lined both sides of the street, a few people walking their dogs or jogging, not paying them a second look. "-your parents?" She finished, looking around at the street.

"We can't Apparate directly into the house; it has more spells than Hogwarts, thanks to my father. But we're wizards, so..." He paused, snapping his fingers a few times. "...the camouflaging spell should wear off in a few-- ah!" He gestured towards the building, which split apart, squealing loudly, but Muggles paid no attention. Once it was over, a new door was revealed with a rusting bronze number above the threshold.

"Twelve Grimmauld Place." Calysta stated, gazing forward at the normal looking building front. Sirius placed a hand on the small of her back and guided her forward.

"My parents should be gone. They travel when my brother and I are at school." His voice was low and held some kind of remorse as he entered the doorway after Calysta. She stood frozen in the beauty and antiquity of the home. A thin hall lead to the back, wide arches along the hall leading to other grand rooms. Just like her own, the previous wizard family had overly-large rooms built to show off the wealth of their family name. But while her house was bright and open, Twelve Grimmauld Place was dark and crowded.

"Convenient." Calysta joked, finally following Sirius down the hall. They passed the first archway, into which Calysta assumed was the living space, complete with velvet couches and little artifacts; possibly from travels or collections over the years.