Leo Valdez x Sift Stone (The Past Is The Past) Part 1

Beginne am Anfang

"Help! Someone, anyone please help!" I screamed out. A few people had noticed the accident and had come over to help. Someone called the ambulance while a women came over to mum and I. She placed her hand on mum's chest, searching for something. After a few minutes, she stopped what she was doing and looked at me with a sorrow filled look.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, your mother is dead." Those words sent tears to my eyes. I wrapped my arms around mum and cried, not caring that there was blood pouring down my face from my injury. I heard sirens a few minutes later, but I didn't care. I lost my mum and there was no way she was coming back. Once of the medics came over to me and said,

"I'm sorry for your lost. Is there anyone who can come and get you and take care of you." I told the medic about my step-father and told him that his details are on my mum's phone. I searched mum's pocket, found her phone and gave it to the medics where they called my step-father and told him the situation. The medic said that I had to move from my mum's body so they can check my injuries to make sure they aren't severe. I didn't want to move from mum, but I began to feel lightheaded and the medic picked me up and took me to the ambulance where the began checking. Andrew had shown up not long after.

"Where is Sift? Where's my baby girl?" One of the medics pointed to where I was and Andrew rushed over and I hugged him, tears escaping my eyes. Andrew hugged me tightly, telling me and reassuring me that everything is going to be ok and I believed him. Boy was I wrong.

After Andrew brought me home after the medics checked my injury, he began to yell at me, saying that it was my fault that mum had died. I was shocked because the person standing in front of me isn't the same person who loved mum dearly with all his heart. After Andrew was done telling at me, a women came our of the kitchen and told Andrew to calm down. She also kissed him which he gladly returned. I couldn't believe Andrew would do this and when he saw my facial expression he gave me a smug look.

"Did you really believe that I loved your mother? I never loved your mother, I love Bella. She is my wife and she has been for many years now. Did you really believe that all the times I was away was for business? No it was to spend time with my wife and my son Roy. But since I did indeed marry your mother, that makes Bella your step-mother and Roy your step-brother. Since you have nowhere else to go, you'll be staying here. But you will be following our rules or you will be punished. Do you understand?" The look Andrew was giving me scared me so all I did was nod. A boy who looked to be 8 then entered the room and Andrew told me that it was his son, Roy. The three of them gave me scary and vicious looks. All I could do was cower in fear and wince. That was when all the abuses and bullying began. I had become their slave and if I did something wrong, I would be beaten badly. If I fought back, it would be 10x worse.

5 years later (age 10)

It's been 5 years since the incident with my mum and things have not been easy. I am no longer a bright and happy girl I used to be 5 years ago. I'm a shell of who I use to be. I'm now a quiet and shy girl who isn't very trusting of people. My step 'family' has broken my spirit and soul. The girl I use to be no longer exist.

I was up in my room, playing around with water. I discovered a few years ago that I can manipulate water in anyway, shape or form and I have been practising in secret. If my 'family' finds out, they will start calling me names and bully me even more. I was manipulating the water to form a trident. I don't know why, but I felt like the trident had something to do with me. I was so focused that I didn't hear my door open. When someone cleared there throat, I looked behind me and saw Andrew, Bella and Roy looking at me in disgust. I had my water trident floating beside me and I was scared of what they were going to say or do now that they now my secret.