☽ F O R T Y: Pizza Worth Fighting For

დ☽

"Argh!"

Hal toppled backward over a barrel, knocking it and himself to the ground. His legs hung over the belly of the barrel, lying there until the group heard the big guy chuckle. 

"That was a good one." 

Landon, formerly known as Derek, stood with his arms crossed, staring over at the knocked over Guardian. He shook his head, sighing through his nose and then turned to Germaine who gave him the same look.

"You guys really need to pay attention," was all the Trainer said, walking over to where Hal was barely rolling over. 

Landon frowned, turning to the rest of his group who all were sweating profusely from the intensive workout. 

Germaine had woken them all up at the crack of dawn again and had them sparring with one another; sometimes having them blindfolded. 

He claimed the Royal Guardians were meant to be top notch; the best of the best. And they could not be the best if they didn't have every skill beyond par, every one of their senses capable than an average humans then the group wasn't worthy of protecting the Royal family.

Harsh words. They all knew it. But the group felt that Germaine was just looking out for the Royals, which was understandable. However, the group also knew that the alpha had a hand---the main hand, really---of picking the then-children to become the first Royal Guardians.

That had to prove for something. So the group held onto that and did their best in the trainings. They would be so sore at the end of it all and the following morning they'd start all over again. 

For the past three weeks it was all the Royal Guardians did. And today was no different. Until Germaine turned to face the group with a frown.

"Today I'll be introducing something different for you all to work on."

The group glanced at one another, wary of the way Germaine paused and seemed hesitant himself. 

Hal joined the others, his humor from before dissipating. He obviously picked up on the stern tone from their trainer. 

"Why do I get the feeling this is gonna suck ass?" Hal wondered out loud.

Lorena raised a brow, not tearing her gaze from Germaine who was speaking to them about his observations over the past few weeks. She muttered through the corner of her mouth, "Have you ever sucked an ass? You can't knock what you haven't tried."

Her companion's nose scrunched, giving her the side eye and grumbled, "Keep your kinky shit to yourself, Rena. I don't need to know what you and Ella do in your spare time."

Lorena smirked, snorting as she replied under her breath that Hal was just jealous he couldn't watch when the females got down and dirty.

"True," Hal nodded to the the side then they both looked back to Germaine as he paused again.

Germaine crossed his arms, reminding the Guardians that with them being human, the witches were given the order to work on completing the serum they'd been working on.

The group's brows furrowed, narrowing their eyes. They knew what serum Germaine spoke of since one of their own had been provided it. 

Gesa took a deep breath, crossing her arms as she stood beside Ella and Landon. She'd been given the clear for returning to her duty as a Royal Guardian two weeks ago. And her body was still aching from the intensive training yesterday.