☽ T E N: Ike the Modern Romantic

დ☽

Gesa fixed her skirt as she scrambled up from the couch. Ike stood too, not bothering to fix himself up.  He just made sure to take precaution as he stood beside Gesa.

Tucking her hair behind her ears, Gesa bit her lip, raising her shoulders as she swallowed. There was nothing she could say to Ella that would make this look any better. 

"Um..." Gesa winced, feeling pretty lousy after knowing that Ella liked Ike and then having Ella walk in on making out with the very boy she liked.

'You liked him first,' the voice in her head snipped. 

Ella's pout and big blue eyes made Gesa feel awful. She knew she didn't have to feel this way but Gesa couldn't help it. After all, Ella had made it clear she had taken an interest in Ike.

"Look, Ella," Gesa started but was cut off when Ella shook her head, holding up a hand. 

The blonde girl shook her head again, backing away as she told Gesa to not say anything. That Ella couldn't believe that she actually thought Gesa was her friend. 

Gesa frowned, blinking and tried to explain that it wasn't on purpose. 

"Really?" Ella narrowed her eyes, scoffing that wasn't it just moments ago that Gesa saw Ella talking to Ike about the school dance and asking him to it? "How could you, Gesa?!" 

"Ella---"

"Stop!" Ella shouted, startling Gesa who was suddenly pulled behind Ike. 

When the blond teenage boy was now facing off with Ella, Gesa noticed how the other girl's face softened. She was still hurt, obviously, but clearly Ella was affected by Ike.

Ike's scowl made it place on his face, craning his neck forward to tell Ella to back off. "I'm the one who kissed her, Ella. I'm the one to be mad at, not Gesa."

This surprised Ella and she glanced between Ike and Gesa. Her brows furrowed as she tilted her head. Her blue eyes blinked.

"You... You... But I thought you didn't like him?" Ella turned to Gesa who raised a brow from where she was peering over Ike's shoulder. 

Never had she ever said anything about her feelings for Ike. Apparently, people knew about it anyway but Gesa never said anything about it. Especially denied it. 

"What do you mean?" Gesa frowned, peering around Ike now. He still didn't let her get pass him. 

Ella nodded, sniffling as she wiped at her face. She explained that Ella thought maybe Gesa liked Ike and that was why he showed up at the dorm that one time. But then there was talk---after people saw that Gesa wouldn't speak to Ike for some days---that the pair was no longer friends. 

"And then Donna told me today that she asked you if you still liked Ike and that you said 'no' so you would be okay with me talking to him."

Ella saw the annoyed look on Ike's face and then glanced at Gesa's confused one. 

The blonde girl's shoulders dropped, a sad tone to her voice as she realized, "Donna made it up... didn't she?"

"Probably wouldn't have caught us making out otherwise," Ike pointed out, raising a brow. He glanced at Gesa when she curtly spoke his name.

Gesa got out from hiding behind Ike who was muttering under his breath because of this. She lowered a brow, eyeing Ella as she approached the other girl who looked really disappointed.

"I never said anything to Donna." Gesa confirmed. "She told me that you were interested in Ike and that I didn't have a chance with him. I didn't say anything to that nor did I confront Donna that I did, do, like Ike."