☽ E I G H T: The Underdog

დ☽

Lorena had been saying something about Milly's hair streaks, perhaps that she preferred the teal color over the red Milly had this week but Gesa barely comprehended a single word. 

She'd been sitting in the Training Room with Lorena and Hal who was currently practicing swinging the new baseball bat with spikes all down the sides just to the handle. Hal was at a good distance as to not accidentally swing at the girls.

They were waiting still on Derek to arrive. Ike was given permission to miss a watch tonight and though the Head Master informed them that it was nothing to be too concerned over, he wanted for Ike to rest up. 

Gesa knew the real reason, of course. The Head Master had given her a knowing glance before making his leave from the Training Room and Gesa frowned, thinking about everything that had been told to her earlier that day. 

The Alpha had left---claiming he'd be back soon. Gesa recalled him saying that when she first saw him and it took him nine to show up again. So how soon was soon, really?

Even though she was worried... and scared... and numb from everything she was told, Gesa ran over to stop the Alpha with a touch on his arm. 

Alpha Balthasar raised a brow, turning to Gesa. 

She was standing awkwardly, scrunching her nose and quickly moved her hand away. She wasn't sure if that was something she was allowed to do with his title or whatever. But then Gesa looked up at the Alpha when she remembered about Ike.

"I just wanted to let you know..." Gesa paused, swallowing and blinked a few times. Her nerves were being worked up a lot quicker today. "That..." 

The teenager winced, still uneasy about having to keep what she found out a secret. Even from Ike. 

"Although I don't agree about keeping any of this from Ike..." She saw the curious frown on the Alpha's face but forced herself to keep talking. Gesa straightened, pushing her shoulders back. "I promise to look out for him while you're gone."

Micah stared at her, taking in the young girl's face before grinning as he placed a hand on Gesa's shoulder. His head tilted, replying that he was a little less worried of taking his leave now with her promise. 

"I know it is a lot to ask of you, Miss Gesa, to keep what you know to yourself. For such a young person, it says a lot about you. And I do have to say..." Micah's smile was warm, easing Gesa bit. "Ike is a lucky young man."

Gesa blushed, her shoulders rising towards her ears. She glanced away, forcing a small smile as she thanked him. The Alpha smiled, understanding that this girl was a lot more timid when she was embarrassed about something. 

He patted her shoulder and urged her to take care before he took his leave.

"I mean... You get what I mean, right?"

Gesa blinked, frowning as she looked at the girl beside her. They were seated on one of the sparring mats and Gesa still had to look up a bit to meet Lorena's curious gaze.

"What?" Gesa blinked, craning her neck forward.

Lorena raised a brow, eyeing her companion and muttered, "Girl... You are totally wigging."

"I'm not wigging!" Defensive. Very subtle.

Lorena smirked, chuckling as she stressed, "Right! You were so wigging. There was major wiggage in just now, Gessi."