☽ T H I R T Y - N I N E: The Claiming PART I

დ☽

Standing at the end of the pathway leading to the porch of the Alpha's house, Olivia had never felt so nervous in her entire life. It wasn't a terrorized nervous like she'd feel with Bryan but she was still nervous. Immensely.

She could see that the door was left open from where she was standing. Olivia let out a slow breath, keeping her sights on the empty doorway. 

Biting her lip, she forced herself to move forward. They were slow but deliberate steps up the pathway until she reached the porch. Her foot was pressed on the first step, hesitating then forced herself to keep going the rest of the way.

The porch wasn't that long but it felt like it was a mile long the longer she walked across it. It wasn't until she got to the doorway that she heard voices. One was female and Olivia tensed up.

Olivia swallowed, realizing that the woman Micah was seeing was inside. Guilt washed over Olivia at what panic this woman must be in seeing Micah's injuries. Maybe this woman wouldn't be happy about Olivia showing up after the alpha was sporting so much blood and claw marks. Would she even let Olivia see Micah to at least thank him?

Olivia shut her eyes, letting out a breath then thought that she had to at least try. Her fist felt heavy as it rose to knock lightly on the door frame. 

The voices ceased before she heard footsteps and a tall woman appeared at the door. Olivia swallowed, eyes wide when the woman narrowed her eyes with a wary gaze. 

"Can I help you?" the woman asked, she blocked the doorway.

Olivia took a step back and couldn't say anything. She would forget how to speak at this moment, wouldn't she? 

"Um..." Olivia's nose scrunched, shaking her head as she apologized for intruding but that she wanted to ask if the alpha was home. 

The woman raised a brow, eyeing Olivia again. "May I ask who is calling on him?"

"Olivia Carmichael." 

There was a sudden change in the woman's face as her eyes widened. She turned when Micah's voice carried to let Olivia in. 

Stepping back to allow Olivia inside, the woman gestured for the other she-wolf to enter. 

Olivia took timid steps inside, glancing at the woman who was studying her. The blonde's brows dipped a bit, noticing the curious gaze of this woman. 

"This way," the woman nodded, leading Olivia into another room that was more like a dining area with a simple round table accompanied with four chairs. In one of the chairs, Micah was seated.

The woman had been tending to Micah's wounds from what Olivia could see of the first aid kit and washcloths. Olivia's stomach turned seeing the deep gashes in Micah's back and arms. That guilt inside her bubbled again.

Micah had been watching Olivia the whole time, his brows furrowed at how nervous she appeared. His brow rose, his green eyes unable to help looking her over. She didn't notice.

"I'm..." Olivia swallowed, irritated with herself for being so nervous and unable to stop stammering. She glanced at the female sitting back down on the chair.

"I'm sorry to intrude on you guys---"

"You're not," Micah assured her. He sat facing the back of one of the dining chairs. It allowed the she-wolf to tend to his back again. 

Olivia held his gaze a moment, seeing him grin a bit then he yelped, "Ow, Polly!" 

The alpha looked over his shoulder, growling at the she-wolf who didn't seem fazed by this. She just muttered that she barely touched him then lifted her gaze to Olivia with a smirk and mouthed, "He's a big baby."