The Queen and the politics

I hung up the phone and raised a helpless look at Emma.

"Hey, Don't get all pale, you're scaring me"

"The Queen..... wants to see me"I stuttered with anxiety.

While Emma sat on the armrest and poured another shot of liquor in her glass."Is that trouble I smell?"

"Can you skip the sepulchral voice?"I said annoyed

"Sure. But then we'd both go crazy with worry. Anyway, did Richard say if it's an official audience?"

"Er.....he said, 'the queen wants to see you' that's it"

"So it's unofficial, then" with this she stood up and opened her wardrobe and casted a skeptical look at its content."right. Try this, this and that one" after trying all the dresses she threw at me she finally agreed on  a light violet satin dress which had purple flowers printed on in the middle encircling my waist,  it was paired with a pair of heels with transparent straps .

 Try this, this and that one" after trying all the dresses she threw at me she finally agreed on  a light violet satin dress which had purple flowers printed on in the middle encircling my waist,  it was paired with a pair of heels with transparen...

"This looks cool"Emma narrowed her eyes, looking me over and then nodded"okay, and the hair, let's fix it a bit" within few minutes she styled my hair in a high ponytail.

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I tried to smooth a wrinkle on the dress with my rigid fingers"Emma why am I so nervous?"

"Is that a question?"

"I mean , I've met her already a couple of times, even. Then why am I so nervous this time?"it was true this time it felt something different to meet her

"I hope that's not a bad omen. Bet we don't know what it is until you're there, right?"I nodded to her and she just turned me by shoulders to face her. "Pearl, you're not alone here. I'm with you, so are Adam and Richard"

"Frankly speaking, I don't understand all this affection for me"I asked

Emma smiled ."You barged into our lives so unexpectedly, and......you rattle everything here."

"Emma, you're wrong, I've done nothing...."

"Just look around you! I'm out of a toxic relationship.....almost..... And managed to avoid going to jail!Adam stopped spending his time in bars and brothels. Even Richard doesn't look like a dried apricot anymore! Trust me your presence alone changed everything in this palace. Everything except Julia, but that's only to be expected"

"Alright....... I suppose. But how do you know this much about Adam?"I asked as for Richard he's a public person and she living in palace might know him slightly little more.

"I'm surprised,you didn't ask earlier"she hugged me and laid her chin on my shoulder"let's do this. We'll do whatever we need during the day, and afterwards, I'll show you a place. And we'll talk about these two. Deal?"

"Deal!" And with this, I left Emma's room.

I went into Richard's room without knocking and that was my mistake.