The Queen and the king's tea party

Clutching onto Richard I walked unsteadily to the king's lodge.

"Don't worry, it'll be fine"

"But I don't know what to do or what to say! I'm not a big etiquette expert,you know"I sighed look people I wasn't born or taught how to meet a royal family ,do I guess it's okay to fuss,is it?

"It's not very strict anymore, believe me. I bet you know most of the rules. How should you address the king and the queen when you first meet them?"

"I think sir and madam"I guessed

"Well........close enough. When you meet them call them 'your majesty'. Later you can call the king 'sir' and the queen 'madam' "I nodded at him "good,what about the bow?"

"I guess you have to bow slightly"I again guess

"Great. Actually, a respectful nod of head will be enough or a small curtsy. Try not to talk back and when you are leaving call them ' your majesty' again"

"When have I ever talked back?"I narrowed my eyes at him.and he suddenly stopped in his tracks and looked gently in my eyes.

"my dear girl, you have a sharp tongue and know how to use it. And I love that in you and I'll be more than happy if you manage to become friends with them" let's say I've already become friends with the queen....I looked at him suspiciously.

"Richard ,why did you arrange for this? I didn't tell you I wanted to be a queen or not"

"My sweetheart, what's a big difference? Don't you want to meet a real flesh and blood king?or make a good impression on him?"

"Well, you have a point"I wanted to continue asking questions but we were already approaching a fancy summer house.

"Are you ready?" I shook my head in no being honest"just relax , I'm here for you"he winked encouragingly and stepped into the summerhouse and I was still outside but I could hear their voices.

"Your majesty,lady pearl. She's ready for an audience and is waiting outside"I heard Richard and a low but merry voice came and after that Richard turned out to me and invited me inside. And me being Hella nervous stepped in with weak legs. And lemme tell you the room was freakingly gorgeous everything was screaming royalty.

"Your majesty, I'm happy to introduce you to lady pearl"Richard said.

"Welcome, lady pearl" the king said in his his highly deep voice making me more nervous but I just took a deep breath and with a soft smile nodded my head respectfully First to the king and then to the queen. I saw slight smile on their faces and kind of approval in their eyes.

"I was very impressed with your march during the parade. You behaved very well for a person not familiar with our tradition"

"It's me who's too impressed. The event is so beautiful and exuberant"

"Oh my lady is responsible for this beauty"he said and waved his hand towards the queen.

"Your majesty, Allow me to pay respect to your hard work"I said to the queen.

"Thank you, lady pearl. The arrangements indeed took my team a lot of effort and patience. Would you tell us how you ended up in Sagar?"she asked.

"I won a writing competition at my university"I answered honestly.

"I suppose you are a very talented writer"she complimented with a smile.

"I don't think it's wise to appraise my own skills"I said.

"And you're humble as well, that's adorable!"her smile widened"may I know what was the topic?"

"It was 'if I were a queen' "I answered