Queen's luck

I was standing in front of a small cozy hotel. Buy it doesn't look as fancy as Mark told me.i just hope they let me in and not spoil the surprise. Trying to ignore my beating heart I entered the hotel.

Lobby was almost empty only reception lady smiled at me from across the room.    "Good morning lady, may I help you?" she greeted which I replied with a smile.

"Actually I came from new York to see my fiancee. I wanna surprise him he doesn't know I'm here, his name is Mark, Mark Peterson. Can you tell in which room number he's in?" She smiled sadly towards me

"I'm terribly sorry madam but I can't give you that sort of information, what I can do is call him and ask if he would like to see you."

"But that will spoil the surprise" I said like a baby with shimmering eyes.

"I understand but we're bound by the rules. We can't bother our guests  without a valid reason and a surprise is not really a one"I thought I'd something Nd sadly I asked her if I could wait in the lobby for him fortunately she agreed.

I sat down in a corner seat. Half an hour passed and I thought of atleast changing my clothes and let mark remember the girl he left behind in the new York.Finally I changed into my shirt and jeans.

The clock continued to tick suddenly the administrator(receptionist)  rose and smile at me .    "I need to to leave, if you need anything please dial one of these numbers" she said pointing at a sign with various phone numbers on the reception desk. I nodded and smiled to her  before she left leaving in my own thoughts.

Well I can't just sit here till the end of the time, and who knows what if mark decides to use another back  exit for the guests.and suddenly an idea popped into my mind. I thought I had a lot of souvenirs  in here with me maybe one could help me.

Soon the administrator returned looking bored. I waited for ten more minutes before approaching her.

"It's so boring just sitting around,are you busy?is it okay if I chat with you?" I asked coming close to her desk.

"By all means I'm bored too" she crossed her hand over the table and sighed tiredly

"Your city is impressive. So bright and colourful. I was even invited to a dance by a complete stranger . Right on the street. In new York I'd be sued for harassment or something"she smiled

"Hezur is safe and quite you'll meet alot of nice people here but new York is quite fancy I guess"

"You like New York?"I asked raising a brow

"I just love America. One day I'll pack my bags and go there it's my lifetime dream. Every year I make a wish to go there and I just did that today, actually"and then it hit me.

"It's your birthday I just have to  have to give you a present" I digged into my bag and handed her a keychain of lady liberty.