Muddy Anniversary

For HamFans10123
Hope you'll enjoy 😉

"What the hell?!" Mare screamed.

Cal stood in front of her, mud drenched hands still in the air. His crooked grin annoyed Mare to no limits.

They have just been back from Clara's sixth birthday party. It was a calm, lovely brunch with all the family and friends.

Well, calm for the Barrows. It started pouring, soaking the food. The adults transferred everything inside. The children pushed each other to the rain. Clara couldn't stop cackling as she helped her mother and Mr. And Mrs. Barrow reorganize. Being the mature person she is, Clara locked them outside.

Unfortunately, Mare picked the lock in seconds, before proceeding to lock poor Kilorn outside.

A few hours later, dry of the rain, Mare was scowling at her husband.

He moved fast, taking her face in his hands. Mare closed her eyes, entranced by the kiss.

God only know where Cal's brought the extra muck he pasted on her cheeks.

Sparks flew from angry Mare's palms, forcing Cal to step back, and stop covering her in mud.

Mare crossed her arms, staring Cal down. He was unaffected, and smiling, he leaned hey forehead against her. Cal ran away of mud this time.

"Happy anniversary," Cal murmured.

Mare looked away from his eyes, thinking. Cal bit his lips, trying not to snickered at her adorable, concentrated frown.

Mare gasped, glancing at her ruined shirt. Then back into his bronze eyes.

The twinkle in his eyes told her she was right. His many kisses did too.

And the mud he didn't quit throwing her in certainly did as well.

It's a shame. Two sets of clothes thrown to the trash because of two kids' naughty habits.

I have a winter set one-shot I'm working on, and the AU4. So, I didn't quit updating! There are still many ideas in need of publishing 😄