MareCal Fight 2

A continuation to MareCal Fight, a lot of fluff.
Hope you'll enjoy!😃

Mare's pov:

Cal opens the door, making his way to the living room. He sets me down on the sofa and stare. "See something you like?" I ask, smiling flirtatiously.

He laughs, he shoulders rising with chuckles. "I see something I love," he says. I try to contain my blush, and judging from his grin, I failed. He continues "and that something is you, my dear wife."

I sigh, feeling helpless in front of the sappy man. By now, my cheeks are hotter than his flames. But a small part of me wishes I could make him flushed from overly romantic declarations. I have my own ways to work him up, not necessarily with words.

I wave my hand dismissively "stop stalling and bring those cookies. I'll be damned to have come down for imaginary sweets."

Cal chuckles. Making a motion for me to wait, he heads to the kitchen. I hear him opening drawers, and while he's unable to look I rest my hand on my stomach, rubbing small circles.

The worries hit me at once. What will we do with a baby? Are we fitting for raising a child? I doubt I will be a good mother. I'm a murderer, I've done countless wrongs. I just hope that when our kid grows he wouldn't resent me.

And what about Cal? Will he be happy? He will be a good father. I saw him with children, and I know him by heart. What will happen to us? Will it drift us apart? Would it ruin our relationship? Will I ever wake up to him gone, for his love vanished?

Luckily, before I get too caught up in my own thoughts, Cal walks in with a plate of cookies, and hot chocolate. He gently smiles at me, setting the plate and mugs down. Despite us being adults, we eat like children.

He grabs his mug, as I take a cookie, and sits beside me, gently wrapping his arm across my back and shoulders. Despite our little fight earlier, he still supports me. I feel he has an idea, or at least a suspicion about the reasoning behind my barbs.

I rest my head on his shoulder, chewing on the cookie. After finishing, I sip from the hot chocolate, feeling my insides warm. It's beginning to cool outside, and Cal's warmth, as well as the drink's, are a comfort in those chilly days.

When we're both free from responsibility we often take time to simply lie next to each other, and cuddle. It gives us a welcome respite, and time to enjoy one another's company. It is a chance to hold him close. Feel his heat, his body. A little heaven in an already happy, peaceful life.

He glances at me expectinglly, wanting to hear my words. I gulp, knowing from now on we wouldn't be the same. I have to tell him, I need to say it to him, but I can't but hasitate.

Sensing my difficulty, Cal press a hand to my cheek, his thumb running small circles on my skin. It's enough to drive me into talking.

"I'm pregnant."

He instantly grins, and barely gives me time to set my cup down, he already pulls me into a crushing embrace. He laughs, pressing kisses all over my face, neck, and every place his lips could find.

"We're having a baby." He mutters, his smile bright and comforting. "Yes," I whisper, "we're having our own little perfect child."

He grins again, wetness evident on his face. I don't wipe them away, my own tears staining both our faces.

We kiss, and smile, and laugh. Every doubt I had before is erased at the sight of his handsome face pulled in happiness.

I loved writing this, it made me so happy. I have literally tons of ideas, so keep watching for more updates.😊