•First day of school•

(Picture above is Angelica)
Angelica's POV:

'Oh my, get up!' I heard as a bright, sharp light stung my eyes.

'Do I have to?' I groaned as I sat up on my bed to see my best friend, Jess. Her long blonde hair and piercing sea blue eyes were definitely her best features.

'No, I woke you up for no reason because I thought it would be funny.' She sarcastically said rolling her eyes. Giving me a light smile.

'Hurry up, it's the first day of school.' she ordered while pulling my arm to get me out of bed.

'Fine, fine. It's going to be another boring year though, nothing exciting ever happens to me.' I said gloomily, looking at her.

'Don't put yourself down, it's going to be your year, I can feel it.' She comforted me. She always knew how to make me feel better.

'Now get your ass in that shower, Ed's picking us up in 30.' she commanded with a little smirk on her face.

'Bossy much.' I said under my breathe. Her head snapped to me so I ran to the bathroom and locked myself in there, giggling like a maniac.

'Yeah, you better be frightened of me.' she said as I heard the sound of her footsteps become distant.

I got into the shower and did my usual morning routine but today felt different. I wrapped my towel around me, looked in the mirror and I felt something I nearly never feel when I look in the mirror. Happiness. I was happy about my appearance, I looked as if I was glowing. Maybe this year is my year? I'm just going to keep this positive attitude up for as long as possible. I walked out and I saw clothes laid out on my bed with a little note.

It said:
New year, new clothes, new you. - Jess <3

I am so grateful to have this amazing human being in my life. I slide on my new white lace skater dress, my white and black thick soled trainers and put on my bracelet. I put on some light makeup and I was ready to go. I skipped down the stairs, where I met Jess and Ed waiting for me at the front door.

'You look gorgeous!' She yelled while hugging me.

'BTW, there's a new kid so maybe, you know, could get to know him? He's in your Biology class apparently.' She whispered with a wink at the end.

'Alright girls, enough girl talk, let's go.' Ed said with a smile before heading to his car.

He pulled into his usual parking spot at school and we all hopped out. I turned round and I saw Jess and Ed hugging and giggling. Ed is such an amazing boyfriend and treats her the way she deserves. He's attractive to the eye and has a great sense of humour.

'Get a room you two! Have a good day!' I jokily shouted while walking to my first class; chemistry. It's my best subject, and this time I'm early because last year I was late so I had to sit next to Gary (a boy wouldn't stop picking his nose and trying to smell my fingers). Gary's a kind person but he creeped me out sometimes. I looked through the glass in the door and noticed Mr. Mccoin at his desk looking at a picture of a young lady and little girl. I calmly knocked, and he jumped and suddenly went pale. I opened the door.

'I'm so sorry Mr. Mccoin, I just wanted to be early so I can get a good seat this year. Is it okay I come in?' I asked, I could tell he noticed the concern on my face.

'Hey Angelica! Don't worry about it and of course, at least you have more choice then last time!' he exclaimed with a forced smile. I smiled back and placed my bag at the very back of the classroom near the window. I got all my equipment out to feel even more prepared. As I was about to make conversation, the bell rung and students walked in all greeting Mr. Mccoin, so I sat down and opened my book ready to make notes.

I quickly looked out the window and I noticed a motorbike pulling into a parking space. He seriously doesn't care about his education, I thought to myself. He got off his bike and slide his helmet off with ease. He was easily 6 foot or more and then he turned round. It was Duncan; Duncan Hatcher, our school's very own bad boy. He never comes to school, I wonder why he's in today, I'm not complaining though. He's literally the definition of eye candy. His ebony, thick messy hair, his dark brown bold eyes, his sharp jawline... and not to forget all his muscles that are constantly bulging through his shirt. I knew I should of stopped staring and actually pay attention to Mr. Mccoin but I couldn't. It wouldn't hurt to look a little longer anyway. And then he looked straight at me. Into my soul. I turned back around as fast as possible and tried to act normal. Naturally, I had a quick look from the corner of my eye and he was gone. I hope he didn't actually look at me, he's going to think I'm a weirdo. Great going Angelica, on the first day of school too. Might as well pay attention to Mr. Mccoin now.

'Anyone know the word equation for aerobic respiration?' Mr. Mccoin asked the whole class. Everyone's hand stayed down, so I slowly put my hand up.

'Yes, Angelica.'

'It's glucose plus oxygen which makes carbon dioxide and water. And energy too.' I answered shyly.

'Great work!' He smiled while writing it up on the board. He carried on teaching until the door was aggressively opened.

'Mr. Hatcher, lovely for you to join us today. Go take a seat.' He instructed in a calm tone.

Duncan's eyes darted straight at me, looking me up and down. I felt like I was about to be attacked; like his prey. Oh no, he definitely saw me staring. He walked over to me and turned to face Freddie (who was sat next to me).

'Move.' He said coldly.

'Mr. Hatcher, you should of come earlier if you wanted that seat.' Mr. Mccoin reminded Duncan.

'Do I look like I care Mccoin?' He said with no emotion.