Chapter Twenty-Eight

Hello, Lovelies, 

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!  Thank you for reading Singed.  I would also like to thank you all for being patient during my hiatus and those who messaged me and sent me messages of condolences.  I truly appreciate you.  I have the most wonderful readers.  

News:  I came back from hiatus to find out though Dirty Little Secrets didn't place in The Annual Bad Boy Awards 2019, it did receive the title of Best Plot.  It is an honor and I would like to thank the hosts and judges.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.  If you do please consider voting.  Comments are deeply appreciated.  If you have any questions, comment or send me a message.  

-XXXX Amanda 

***********

Berkeley gave us a map to the barn hidden near the back of the Harris' property. Mrs. Claiborne glanced at it as it laid on the desk, her brow furrowed.

"You know she'll be expecting you," She said, raising her brows.

I nodded, chewing my bottom lip, "I know," I said, shifting as Jonathon entered the room with Gilliam, "But I think I have a plan to slow her down but I need to know the witches who have excelled in their gifts."

Mrs. Claiborne glanced at Gilliam, stiffening her spine before speaking, "Cally is skilled in air. She can create quite a bit of damage with it."

"Absolutely not," Gilliam said, frowning, "I won't allow-"

"Even when she claims you, you won't have a choice," Jonathon said, stepping into the room. His eyes strayed toward me, "Believe me when I say I know."

I narrowed my eyes at Jonathon, "Are you calling me stubborn?"

He grinned and then, kissed my temple, "It's a compliment," he said, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me close to him, "Your stubbornness has saved us...Especially Daniella and myself."

"And her temper," Gilliam said, chuckling.

"I would set you on fire but you would probably laugh in the flames," I said, rolling my eyes.

Gilliam laughed, "Of course I would," he said, wiggling his brows, "If I'm going to die, I'm going to die hotter than I already am."

Jonathon rolled his eyes, "Well, we could freeze you to death and you would still get your wish."

"Lies don't suit you, Jonathon," he said, smirking.

"How could you two be the oldest in the room and still act like children?" Mrs. Claiborne asked, shaking her head before turning back to me, "So, Cally will go with or without Gilliam."

"With," Gilliam said, his smile dropping from his face, "I wouldn't stay here when she could be harmed."

I smirked, "Oh...I know," I said, raising my brows, "It's a good thing I already decided that the vampire mates were part of the plan."

Gilliam's mouth dropped open, "You little minx," he said, narrowing his eyes, "You need to keep an eye on her, Jonathon. She's trouble."

Jonathon's hand tightened around my waist, "It's a full-time job," he said, chuckling, "But it's one I love."

I gave him a sidelong glance before turning back to Mrs. Claiborne, "Who else has excelled in their gifts?"

"Well, Lanie, of course," she said, her eyes darkening, "And Bethany."