Chapter Thirteen

Hello, Lovelies, 

I hope everyone is having a great day!  Thank you for reading Singed and thank you to everyone who has read my other books.  It means a lot to me.  In all honesty, I have been nervous for the last few days and there is one reason.  The Wattys...I didn't think I would be so nervous.  I have three books in The Wattys and those are Twisted Souls, Sparked and Dirty Little Secrets.  Burned wasn't ready so I didn't enter it.  However, I realize some other authors are probably just as nervous so I want to wish you luck.  

I do hope you'll enjoy this chapter.  If you do, please consider voting.  Comments are appreciated and if you have a question comment or send me a message. 

-XXXXX Amanda 

***********

We secured Callie, Bethany, Daniella and Mercy in a room within the tunnels with Mrs. Claiborne guarding the door. Dimitri glanced at the door once more, his face darkening with worry.

"Don't worry, Dimitri," Jonathon said, clapping him on the shoulder, "We won't let anything happen to her or the others. They won't even know to look for them here."

Dimitri nodded as he watched Paul push a large shelf in front of the door completely covering its existence. Paul turned to Dimitri and nodded.

"They are safe," he said, glancing at the shelf, "You know I have as much interest in that room as you do. I wouldn't lie to you."

Dimitri nodded as he straightened giving Paul a sad smile, "I know."

We walked up the stairs to meet Lanie, Bastian and Gilliam. Gilliam gritted his teeth clearly hating to leave Callie. His usually jovial expression had faded from his face.

"Do I need to reassure you that Callie will be okay too?" Jonathon asked, raising his brows.

"Maybe a few billion times," he said, taking a deep breath and then, letting it out, "But two of our brothers are being tortured and they won't be saved if none of us rescues them."

"We won't be gone long," Bastian said, glancing at his brother, trying to give him some reassurance.

Gilliam nodded as Lanie stepped forward, her blue eyes sliding over my face, "Be careful, Iz," she said, her eyes darkening, "If you have to defend yourself, do it."

I nodded as she pulled me into a hug, "I'll be okay, Lane," I said, giving her a small smile as she pulled away to stare into my eyes, "You be safe too."

"You know I will," She replied, stepping beside Bastian.

Gilliam raised a brow at me, "Don't hesitate to set one of those maniacs on fire, Izzie," he said, his eyes flashing, "They deserve it after everything they've done."

"Oh...Don't worry," I said, raising my chin, "I won't, firebug."

He winked at me before they turned heading out of the manor. I stared after them as Jonathon and I stood on the porch. The hair on the nape of my neck rose and I sensed we were being watched.

I glanced at Jonathon, They are already here, I said within his mind.

He nodded once before grasping my hand, I know. I sense them too.

He tugged my hand, leading me inside the manor to await the church member's first move.

**********

I closed my eyes as I sensed them moving closer before opening them to peer at the man I loved. Jonathon frowned as he glanced at the front door.