Chapter Fourteen

Hello, Lovelies,

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!  Thank you so much for reading Singed!  It means so much to me that you enjoy my books.  Thank you for giving this one a chance! 

News: If you look above you will see a book cover for the first book of my new series an MC series called The Grimm Dragons.  This first book is called Grimm Retribution.  It will be uploaded on Tuesdays which means that Fire and Ice will only be uploaded on Fridays.  I hope you will check it out.  Feedback is appreciated.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.  If you do, please consider voting.  Comments are deeply appreciated.  If you have questions, comment or send me a message.

-XXXX Amanda

Warning: This chapter contains sex and violence!

**********

The blood was addicting taking over until it was all I thought of, consuming my senses and breaking through all barriers of any humanity I had left. I don't know how many men and women I killed nor did I know if I hurt anyone innocent while in the grip of the bloodlust. I only knew that the metallic taste flowing down my throat was all that mattered until his voice broke through the walls that had been raised around the need for more and more of the substance.

"Izzie," his voice shattered the desire for the blood of the humans around me as I met his green eyes. I blinked taking in his face as the fog of the bloodlust faded and guilt and shame settled into my soul.

"Jonathon, " I whispered as a shudder slid through me because even though the mindlessness was gone, I still craved the blood of those around me. I shook my head as I gazed at the bodies at my feet inhaling sharply. There had to be at least fifteen bodies of church members and all their lives had ended at my hand.

"It's okay, Iz," he whispered, taking a cautious step toward me, his voice soothing over the pain of something that could quickly become an addiction, "It was self-defense."

Another tremble moved through me as I fought it, my muscles tense as I closed my eyes before opening them to peer into the eyes of my only salvation, "I-I didn't hurt anyone else, did I?"

Jonathon shook his head, "No," he said, standing in front of me his hand lifting for his fingers to brush my cheek, "I wouldn't have allowed that to happen."

Tears filled my eyes as I glanced toward the manor, the shame sliding through me again, "Don't let them see me like this," I said, feeling the blood drop from my chin and down my neck.

He nodded, pulling me against my chest as we walked back into the manor. My face was buried into his chest taking in his scent mixed with the blood of those I had killed. Paul's voice reached me but I didn't turn my head toward him as I tried to hide my shame from him.

"It's okay, Izzie," he said, softly, "Go get cleaned up. You'll feel better afterwards. We've all been there. It's nothing to be embarrassed by."

I swallowed the taste of blood still on my tongue as I wondered how often the vampires I knew had been feral and had to face the same shame as I did. Still, my cheeks heated as I worried about the girl who had been brought to our door by the church, hoping to use her. What if she had seen me? If she did, I'm sure she was as frightened of me as I had been of Dimitri.

"Jolie," I whispered, trembling as a tear fell down my cheek, hating that she may be frightened of me now, "Did she-"

"Only the first one," Jonathon whispered, his lips moving over her hair, "Paul brought her in the manor for safety after that."

"She said she has a sister that was being held," I said, closing my eyes as I remembered her description of how the woman was being held captive, "I need to tell Lanie."

I closed my eyes and sent a message to Lanie, her voice echoed to me a few moments later, We have her, her voice echoed through my mind relaxing the fear I had for her safety, I let her know her sister is safe and we have Fane and Veil. They took some of the blood they needed from the church members.

They aren't the only ones, I sent to her, There will be a lot of bodies to bury.

Are you okay, Iz? She sent back, her worry echoing through my mind.

I will be, I sent to her as Jonathon led me up the stairs to our room. He tugged me toward the bathroom by our interlocked hands. I winced as I caught a glance of my image in the mirror. Blood had dried on my chin. My hair was a tangled mess. My already pale skin was even paler.

Jonathon turned on the shower before turning to me, his eyes darkening in worry as his gaze slid over me. He moved to the sink and grabbed a toothbrush and put toothpaste on it before handing it to me.

"It will help get rid of the taste which will help make the bloodlust fade," he said, his eyes moving over me as I brushed my teeth. As soon as I finished, he moved toward me, his hands sliding over my cheek.

"Of course, my blood will heal the need for other's blood also. I hope you don't mind if I join you," he said, his lips twitching as he reached behind him and pulled his shirt over his head.

My eyes widened as I took in his body, my heart racing as I raised a shaky hand and began to undress. The thought of water sliding over Jonathon's muscles entranced me, erasing the horror of the bloodlust.

Once we were both naked, he gripped my hand and led me to the shower. He washed my hair, his hands moving through it gently before massaging my scalp and moving to my back, caressing my shoulders before sliding his fingertips down my spine. He turned me to face him as he washed the blood from my chin, his eyes moving over my face.

"It's a pity," he said, his lips tilting in a grin, "You're all clean and I'm about to get you dirty again."

He didn't give me a chance to respond. His lips slammed against mine as he pressed me against the shower wall. My arms encircled his neck as he lifted me, my legs wrapping around his waist as he entered me in one stroke. His hands dug into my ass as he thrust into me. My nails scored his back causing him to groan.

I trailed kisses along his jaw to his neck, my tongue moving over his skin, tasting water and flesh as pleasure unfurled through me, causing heat to race down my spine as I called out his name.

His hands tightened on me as his lips moved to my neck. I tilted my head, giving him access as his teeth grazed my flesh causing me to shiver. My fangs broke through my gums as I kissed his shoulder, desperate for him in both blood and body as he thrust into me again and again.

Our fangs pierced each other's skins at the same time and though I had drunk blood only an hour before, it was Jonathon's blood that calmed me, healing the raging inferno of bloodlust as I drank from him and he drank from me.

I rose on the crest of another orgasm before falling over. He groaned as he fell over with me. I pulled my fangs from him kissing his wound as he spent himself inside me, pulling away and kissing me again.

"I'll never get enough of you, Iz," he whispered, his voice hoarse.

"And I'll never get enough of you," I said, leaning against him as the water rained down upon us.

He cupped my cheeks and kissed my lips with so much love and reverence my body warmed and I knew no matter what darkness awaited us in the future, Jonathon would always heal me and I would always heal him.