Chapter Seventeen

Hello, Lovelies, 

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday!  Thank you for reading Singed!  I appreciate all of you so much.  I know I don't get to thank you all individually but I do see you when you vote and when you comment and though I don't know the names of my silent readers, I want to thank you too.

News: I am still editing Sparked.  I want to thank you for your patience.  

I hope you enjoy reading this chapter.  If you do, orange is a beautiful fall color and I love fall.  So, please turn that star a festive color.  Comments are appreciated.  If you have a question, comment or send me a message.

-XXXXX Amanda 

**********

Jonathon and I stepped outside taking in the darkening sky with a frown. A storm was brewing casting the world in a green-tinted grey. The caw of a raven screeched above my head just before it landed on the rail of the porch in front of me. It tilted its head as it stared at me, ruffling its feathers as I stepped toward it.

I stared into its beady eyes, finding beauty in the creature, "Izzie," Jonathon said behind me, worry clear in his voice.

"It's okay, Jonathon," I said reaching out my hand, "We're friends, aren't we, little raven?"

The raven cawed and jumped on my hand, it's talons curling around my finger.

"Is that your familiar?" He asked, frowning.

I nodded, "I believe so," I whispered, staring into its eyes, "Little Raven, can you help us? I need to find Lorelle."

The raven bowed its head once and then lifted from my finger, landing on a gate a few feet from us. I moved toward it with Jonathon on my heels.

"Do you really think the raven will lead us to her?" He asked, matching my steps as his fingers intertwined with mine.

"I believe he will," I whispered as he fluttered his wings again lifting until he landed on Jonathon's car. He cawed again as if insulted that Jonathon didn't believe in him.

"Okay," he said, putting his hands up, "We'll believe the bird."

He opened the door for me allowing me to get into the car before moving around the driver's side and settling behind the steering wheel. He started the car as I nodded toward the raven who lifted into the air, moving toward town.

"I hope she didn't think to stay in the center of town would keep her safe," Jonathon said, his brow furrowing, "With all the members of the church, I think that may be the most dangerous place."

I sighed, my heart heavy, "I hope she didn't think that either."

"Maybe she was trying to get to the manor," Jonathon said, his voice holding doubt in every word.

"If I was her, I would be terrified to come to the manor," I said, frowning, "After all, she is the daughter of the people who killed many of our family members. She would believe we would hate her because of that."

"Most would," he said, turning to me, "At least, that's what I've experienced in my life."

"Hopefully, we can prove we won't," I said as the raven took a sharp turn just before moving into town. Jonathon jerked the wheel turning down a dirt road shooting copper-coloured dust from beneath the tires and clouding the air.