Chapter Twelve

Hello, My Lovelies, 

I hope everyone is having a great day!  Thank you for reading Singed.  I appreciate you all so much!  It means more than you will ever know that you support my stories and me.  

I did get a question that I've been answering on the other books also and it's about my schedule.  I post my release schedule on my profile but I'll post it here also so it's easier.  I release before 5 pm central and I post a chapter of a story every day.  

Sunday- Singed

Monday- Beautiful Darkness

Tuesday and Friday- Fire and Ice

Wednesday- Dirty Little Tease

Thursday- Summoned

Saturday- Twisted Minds

I truly hope you enjoy this chapter.  If you do, please consider voting.  Comments are deeply appreciated and if you have questions, comment or send me a message.

-Amanda

**********

I took a shower and brushed my teeth becoming mesmerized by the image in the mirror. I knew it still reflected me but it was also different than what I was used to because the image displayed before me showed me as beautiful in a way I had never been.

"You look the same as you always have to me," Jonathon said, reading my mind and causing me to blink as I turned toward him, wondering if the way I viewed myself now was really what he had always seen.

"I look different to me though," I whispered, glancing at the mirror, "Is this really how you've always viewed me?"

"If you are asking if I've always seen the most beautiful, breathtaking woman in the universe...Then, yes," he said, his grin tilting on his face.

I frowned as I shifted on my feet, "Lanie has always been prettier than me," I said, voicing insecurity I kept well hidden, "All of the other women here are."

Jonathon shook his head, "You may think so but I don't," he said, his eyes sliding over me and I could see the truth in his emerald eyes as he spoke, "When you walk in a room, you literally take my breath away. I'm afraid to breathe. I'm afraid you'll disappear. Everything about you entices me and I can think of nothing better than being in your presence and if that means I can't breathe, then, I'm okay with that as long as you remain."

I turned to him, my lips pressed against his as he pulled me tight against his body. I could feel his heart beating against mine, reaching into my soul and twisting with it. A knock sounded at the door and he groaned, causing me to grin because I understood how he felt. I wanted to remain in the bubble we had created, undisturbed by anyone else.

"Later," I whispered, regret that we had to face the world outside of us sliding through me, "We have vampires to save from those fanatics who call themselves a church."

Jonathon frowned and though I didn't know the two vampires who had been taken, I was sure that he loved them. They were his brothers who had been there for him long before I was born.

He walked toward the door and opened it. Dimitri walked in and though I could see his beauty, it still didn't hold a candle to Jonathon's. His hazel eyes moved to me before giving me a smile.

"I'm glad to see you well after your transition," Dimitri said, his eyes darkening and I knew he was thinking of the time he had become feral. My heart clenched as I finally let go of the fear I had of him.