Chapter Twenty-One

Hello, Lovelies, 

Thank you so much for reading Singed.  I am so glad you have given this book a chance.  I truly appreciate you so much.  

News: I am actually closing in on my Nano goal.  Then, my free time will be on self-editing Sparked.  Then, it will be going to the wonderful Kim Young for professional editing.  Also, tomorrow is the official beginning of Splendid Shadows.  

I hope you enjoy this chapter.  If you do, please consider voting.  Comments are appreciated.  If you have a question, comment or send me a message.  

-XXXX Amanda 

*******

I could feel Jonathon's eyes on me as I continued to stare at Dimitri and Bethany, my heart aching as I realized how much the demon trial would affect them both. I swallowed as I turned to Jonathon wondering what I would do if he had been the one who had to face it.

A shift came over the room as Dimitri spoke, his voice soft, "Thank you," he whispered though I could not tell if he was speaking to Jonathon or Bethany. His gaze moved to Bethany, "You shouldn't have come in here while I was going through bloodlust. I could have hurt you."

Bethany shook her head as if the thought was ridiculous, "No, you wouldn't. You would never hurt me."

Dimitri winced, "You know when a vampire is hurt, he can become feral," he said, frowning, "I've explained this to you."

Bethany raised her chin, "But I know you wouldn't hurt me even then," she said, softly, "And I think you proved that. Besides, I was worried and I wanted to help."

His gaze was tender as he stared at her, "I understand but I don't want you in any danger."

She frowned, "Then, you are not going to like what was discovered while you were gone."

His eyes widened as panic moved through them, "What are you talking about?"

"Dimitri, perhaps we should talk about this when you are fully back to your senses," Jonathon said, his voice calm.

Dimitri shook his head, "Let's talk about it now."

Jonathon glanced at me and I shrugged, "He seems calm," I said and Jonathon nodded.

"Okay," Jonathon whispered and then, sighed, "We found Lorelle but Margaret had already captured her. We rescued her and in the process, Izzie hit her with her flames."

Dimitri's eyes widened, "Margaret's dead?"

"No, she walked through them," I said, frowning, "We were all able to get away but Lorelle told me that Margaret is part demon and part witch and she had discovered how to kill vampires."

"That's impossible," Dimitri said, shaking his head, "She can't kill us."

"She can if she has our sire's blood," Jonathon said, frowning, "Thanks to Lorelle she no longer has it. It's within a silver box here in the mansion."

"How the hell did she get it?" Dimitri asked, tensing but the moment Bethany touched him, he calmed.

"She's been around a long time," Jonathon said, shifting, "She may have gotten it from draining him.

"That blood is dangerous," he said, shaking his head, "We need to get it far away from here."

"There's a way to destroy it," Jonathon said, shifting, "And when it's destroyed, it will create something that will kill Margaret."