110

Jessica

"How am I supposed to believe you're okay if you're acting like this?" Austin calmly questioned, following me even after I shut my locker.

"Acting like what?" I looked back at him, forcing a slight smile.

Bbrrriiiing

"You have many different smiles," he put his finger under my chin, pecking my lips. "I can read through them. You're not getting out of his one," he backed away, walking towards his class. I shook my head, looking down, then back up as I made my way to class.

He really can read through me no matter how hard I try.. but I wasn't ready to tell him everything yet. There's so much he knows, but more that he doesn't.

I turned the corner to go to class, but found myself walking right past the door. It was spanish anyway. What's the harm in skipping a class I already know the language of, anyway.

I went downstairs to the second floor, where all the lowerclass men had their classes and lockers. They almost never left class when it was in session, meaning if I went down there, nobody would be there to bug me.

So, there I went. I boosted myself up onto the windowsill, extending my legs as I leaned against the wall and grabbed my phone. I didn't even need to cry. I wasn't upset. I was just over it. Everything. And I wanted to be alone.

And it worked... for the most part. Within ten minutes, I heard footsteps coming down the hall, making me sigh. But I was in no rush to leave, regardless of who it was, even though it most likely was Austin.

As the footsteps came closer, I turned my head and opened my mouth to speak, but stopped when Kyle stood a foot or two away.

"You're skipping? Never would've imagined that," he leaned against the wall, crossing his arms.

"I'm not skipping," I leaned my head back, closing my eyes. "I'm still in the building," I defended.

"Fair enough," he gave in.

"You gonna tell me what's wrong?" He asked. "I would if there was something wrong," I looked at him again.

"When did you become so closed off?"

I didn't know how to take his words. He wasn't wrong. But I didn't like hearing that.

I looked down, then back up at him. "Did Austin tell you to come here?" I asked.

"Answer the question," he nodded. "Answer mine," I retorted.

"You're shutting us out, Jess. Why don't you talk to us anymore?"

The last few months began to flash before my eyes. He was right.. I couldn't argue against him. I'd just sound stupid.

"I could explain but you won't get it," I shrugged. "How do you know that?" He asked.

"Don't be mad, Kyle. I just don't know how to say it," I reasoned.

"Just blurt it out," he shrugged.

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. I knew that if I said anything right now, I'd regret it right after.

"Go to class," I said. "Not without you," he shook his head.

"And what excuse will I have for being late?"

"Lady problems."

"I've used it one too many times."

"Talking to the AP?"

"Bitch is always out to get me."

"Well.." he looked down. "I'll be fine you dumbass. Now go," I smiled, shaking my head.

He shook his head right back at me, tapping my legs. "Move over," he said, boosting himself up, sitting facing me.

"Really?" I asked. "Truly," he squinted his eyes, nodding with a smile.

As much as I tried, he wouldn't leave me alone for the entire period. He did force a few laughs out of me and did end up making me feel a bit better, but I still wanted to be left alone.

The bell rang again, forcing him off our makeshift seats.

"What are you waiting for?" He asked.

"I'm not going."

"Please don't make me," I stopped in front of the door before he could get me into the class. "Jess it's your last AP of the day, you can't miss it," he pushed.

"Yes I can. I'll make it up tomorrow," I tried turning, but he only stopped me.

"I'm telling Austin," he warned. "Tell him, he'd support me in this case," I resisted.

"Then good thing I'm not him."

Before I knew it, he picked me up by the waist, quickly running over to a seat.

"Kyle-"

"Mr. A, Jess is here today!" He told the teacher. "Kyle!" I slapped his arm. "Have fun. I'll see you at lunch," he laughed, before running out of the class.

I dreaded the class, but forced my way through it anyway.

Eventually, lunch rolled around, and Austin found me before I found him. "Are you gonna tell me what's wrong?"

I wrapped my arms around him and closed my eyes, leaning against him. "I love you."

"I love you too." He held me back. "Will you tell me what's wrong?" He asked. "Eventually," I nodded.

"I'll settle."

At the end of the day, we stopped by McDonald's to get some food before heading back to Austin's house.

"How was your day?" He asked, sitting next to me at the kitchen island.

"It was good. How was yours?" I leaned my head on my hand, looking at him.

"Good. Why'd you skip spanish?" He asked. "¿Cual es el punto de ir?" I laid my head down.

"Woah," he smiled. "You should teach me spanish more," he suggested.

"Tell me when and I'll do it," I held the collar of his shirt, pulling him in for a kiss.

"Can you please-"

He was cut off when my phone started ringing, making both of us look at it.

Noah

"Hello?" I answered. "Where are you?" He asked. "Austin's, why?"

"Come home. Mom and dad need to talk to us about shit," he spoke with an annoyed tone.

I sighed, looking down. "Alright. I'll be there soon," I said, before hanging up.

"I'll drive you," he stood up, but I stopped him.

"I'll walk. My dad's home, I don't want him to say anything," I shook my head.

"Then I'll walk you to-" "It's okay," I cut him off, knowing I didn't want him to see me as my mood dropped.

"But-" "I love youuu," I held his face, kissing him again.

"Can you at least text me when youre home?" He asked. "Always."

I got home and dropped my bag, picking up Nite as he ran towards me.

"I'm home!" I announced. "Come to the office!" I heard Noah shout.

I walked down the hall, putting Nite down before walking in.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"I know we sprung it all on you last night, but we wanna get through this as quick and smooth as we can," mom explained.

I sat in one of the chairs, sighing as I did. I pulled out my phone and sent a quick text to Austin, before preparing myself to dread the rest of this conversation.

"Your mom and I are going to court later this week to finalize everything. After that.. things are gonna start to change. By next week...."

A/N: I'm alive and so sorry for not updating in months 🥺 how has everyone been?