fifty eight

Jessica

I called Kayla later on, after Austin left. After a few rings, she answered.

"Hey," she said. "Are you hanging out with Sofia on Saturday?" I asked. "I'm sorry," she sighed. "No, don't be. I have an idea you might want to consider," I said. "Go on.."

"Kyle told me about this party on Saturday, and I really wanna go to it, but I can't go alone," I explained. "So you want me to bring her so we can go?" She asked. "Please," I pleaded.

She let out a soft laugh. "I'll talk to her," she said. "Thank you," I smiled.

Austin

After eating dinner and doing whatever else I had to do, I quickly texted Jess before going to bed. Luckily, we avoided an argument today and I think that was a big part of us trying to get past our issues. I tried my best not to get angry over the party she wanted to go to, and she complied with me as well.

Me
Is everything okay?

Jess
Wym

Me
At home. I'm gonna sleep I just wanted to ask you

Jess
Yeah for now everything is good

Jess
Thank you for asking 💙

Austin
Call me if anything happens

Jess
Ok. Goodnight

Me
Goodnight

Putting my phone on charge, I laid on my back, exhaling in relaxation.

My alarm woke me up in the morning, blaring into my ears. Getting up, I got ready, and threw on a hoodie with a pair of joggers.

When I went downstairs, I walked in on Mom and Dad talking about our plans for Saturday. Becca was there, but I was sure she wasn't paying attention.

"What are we doing?" I openly asked. "We're going to a dinner with a few of my colleagues," Dad answered. "Why do all of us have to go?" Caleb came down.

"We were invited," Dad simply said, rushing to gather his things. We said goodbye to him before he left, the rest of us following shortly after.

Jess texted me a few minutes later, telling me she was here. "Good morning," she tiredly said. "Good morning," I replied, resting my hand over hers.

She turned her had over, intertwining her fingers with mine.

"Did anything happen yesterday?" I asked her. "No," she softly responded.

Deciding I needed to lighten the mood, I connected my phone to the car, and started playing music.

"Babe, it's so early," she softly laughed. "I know, and we're too tired," I smiled.

I didn't play anything too harsh for this early in the morning. It was mainly music with no words, or pop music that woke us up.

Luckily, I was able to get a soft laugh out of Jess a few times. They were genuine, too. I could tell.

However, once we got closer to school, I had to turn it off. She parked the car and we started walking into the building, happier than earlier.

"I'll see you later," I told her. She nodded, as we split ways.

Jessica

Halfway through fourth period, Austin started texting me. My phone started vibrating in my pocket, catching my attention.

I looked up to make sure the teacher hadn't noticed, before pausing my note taking and carefully pulling out my phone.

Austin
Ask to go to the bathroom

Me
Rn?

Austin
Yeah

I awkwardly raised my hand. I hated speaking in front of the entire class especially when it was dead silent, like now.

After getting permission, I grabbed the hall pass and left the class, pulling out my phone again.

Me
Wya

Austin
Lockers

Putting it away again, I turned down the empty halls and saw Austin casually looking through his locker.

"What is this?" I asked, catching his attention. He shut his locker and started walking with me, with no designated place to go.

"I was super bored, and I need to do something," he explained. "Like what?" I questioned. "Not be in class," he said.

We walked to one of the staircases that nobody really used, because it led to the useless parts of the school.

He pulled me down a flight of stairs with him, stopping between the floors.

"Aus, what're you-" I couldn't finish my sentence, as he crashed his lips against mine.

I was caught off guard, but quickly melted into the kiss, cupping his face. It felt like forever since I kissed him.. too long.

I softly pushed him off, glancing towards the door. As if he knew what I was going to say, he spoke before I could. "Nobody comes here, we'll be fine," he assured me.

Attaching his lips to mine again, his hands were on my waist as he softly pressed me against the wall. Our lips moved perfectly in sync as the seconds passed. With my hands against his neck, I could feel his jawline move within the seconds.

We pulled away after roughly a minute, but I hadn't let go of him.

Resting my forehead against his shoulder, I tightly hugged him. He tied his arms around my body, resting his head against mine.

"I love you," his deep voice spoke. "I love you, too," I assured him, pulling away.

I can't remember the last time I felt so genuinely happy. Even when I was high and laughing at everything, it didn't compare to this at all.

Before leaving, I quickly used the camera on my phone to fix my slightly smeared lip gloss, and then getting ready to go back to class.

"Thank you for that," I shyly smiled, as we inched closer to my class. "Mhm," he nodded, softly kissing my head once more.

Just before I reached for the doorknob, an announcement went off.

"Austin Chanel and Jessica Reign, please report to the principals office."