twenty four

Jessica

After the movie, we all got up and stretched out. "We should do something," I told Nikki.

"I'm down, what do you have in mind?" She asked. I shrugged. "Mall? Movies?"

"Or both," I added. She nodded her head. "Do you guys want to come with?" I asked Nick and Noah.

"We're good," Noah raised up a controller. I nodded, as Nikki and I went upstairs.

As I finished changing my clothes, I began doing my makeup. "I don't have anything good to wear," Nikki complained.

I pointed to my closet. "Just wear something of mine."

"Can I do your makeup?" I softly laughed, stroking on mascara. "Yes. It takes me too long," she said.

"Okay, just let me finish mine."

By the time I finished, she was waiting for me. We had an ongoing conversation, until her phone lit up with a text message as I did her eyeshadow.

"Angelo texted you," I said in a flirty tone. "What did he say?" She asked.

"Merry Christmas Eve's Eve," I read. She smiled big, with her cheeks growing rosy.

"What would you do if I told him to ask you out?" I asked, obviously joking. "It would depend on his response," she said.

"So, you'll either hate me, or love me," I laughed. She nodded. "Pretty much."
I finished doing her makeup within the next few minutes. Going downstairs, I announced that we were going out.

"Be back before six. We're going out for dinner," dad said. "Okay," I nodded.

Finally leaving, we got to my car, and drove off.

Austin

After paint balling, we had a heated debate on who won between the three of us.

"Okay, I give in, I lost," I said. "But in my defense, it was my first time," I added.

"Okay, so who won between Caleb and me?" Justin asked. I laughed at the question. "I don't know, I was too busy trying to save myself."

"Okay, we'll settle this later in the week with another game of something else," Caleb said. "Bet, I'm winning," Justin said with determination. "Sure, sure," Caleb nodded.

We grabbed something to eat, before getting back in the car. "Home? Or somewhere else?" Caleb asked.

"Home," Justin and I synched. "I'm in pain," Justin added.

By the time we got home, we were still debating on who won in all fairness.

The conversation continued as we walked through the door, where we received a pleasant surprise.

"Rebecca?"

My little sister ran towards us, engulfing us in a huge hug. "Wait, we thought your trip was going to be delayed," I mentioned.

Rebecca was an amazing artist and was taking part in a competition that was in Florida. It was three weeks, but extended to four because of all the snow.

"When it stopped snowing today we had to pay extra to get on the earliest flight home," she explained.

"How was Florida?" Caleb asked, giving her another huge hug. "Warm. It's too cold here," she laughed.

Once we got settled in, the four of us went to the backroom, continuing the conversation.

"How was the contest?" Justin asked. "I got second," she smiled "We thought you were missing Christmas," Justin said.

"So did I," she weakly smiled. "But we didn't," she added. "Did I miss anything?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Does anything ever happen here?" Caleb chuckled. "Only when I'm not here," she nodded.

"You're good, nothing happened," I assured her.

Rebecca was fourteen, and the most talented person I knew. We obviously argued most of the time, but I still loved her deeply.

Jessica

"It's so cold," Nikki complained. "I had no idea," I sarcastically remarked, as we reached my car.

Opening the trunk and dumping everything in, we got in the car, immediately turning up the heat.

"Are you still down for a movie?" I asked her. "Yes," she nodded.

As I drove to the nearest theater, we discussed movies we would watch. "Let's get there, and then decide."

When we did get there, we decided on watching Pitch Perfect 3.

The movie was great and filled with amazing songs. We came out of the theater with the songs still stuck in our heads.

"You should let me drive," Nikki said. "You're not touching the driver's seat until you get your license," I easily denied.

"Damn, okay," she laughed. As we sat in the car, my phone immediately connected to the Bluetooth as I got a call from Noah.

"Hello," I answered. "Where are you?" He asked. "On our way home, why?" I asked. "We're leaving soon, be quick," he said.

As the call ended, I realized the time. We would hardly have enough time to get ready before dinner.

"Well crap," Nikki sighed.

When we got home, everyone was downstairs dressed fancily. Our older cousin rushed to us and gave us hugs.
"Jess, Nikki, hurry and get dressed!" Dad told us. "C'mon," our cousin Lily said, dragging us upstairs.

She was personally my favorite older cousin. We got each other, Nikki too. We made a great trio.

"Jess, you wear this," she handed me a dress. "And you wear this," she gave one to Nikki.

We quickly changed, when Lily helped us do our hair as well. "Your makeup is fine, we're good," she said, feeling accomplished.

"You're the one girl I know who can get ready in under fifteen minutes," Nikki mentioned. "Only because I've had to.. many times."

"We're ready," I announced, as we got downstairs.

There were so many people at my house I couldn't keep count. Between those that actually lived here, and those visiting, I wouldn't be able to name anyone.

Plus, there would be more people tomorrow. It was an amazing terror.

"Okay, let's go everyone," dad announced, opening the door. Nick and Noah were already waiting in Nick's car, Lily, Nikki and I joined.

The rest of my family piled into other cars, as the journey to the restaurant began.

A/N- thanks for reading!! I wanted to clear something up.

I really wanted Austin to have a younger sister because I recently thought of many ideas with her involved. I know it's sudden and there was no information about her at all until this chapter, and I apologize if I confused anyone.

But, Rebecca Chanel is now involved in the story. Look forward to scenes with her in future chapters :)

Comment your questions!