sixty two

Jessica

I spent some time with them, before going back inside to find Kayla. She was in the kitchen, talking to Sofia. I easily recognized her from the pictures Kayla showed me.

"Jess!" She shouted. I smiled and walked over. "This is Sofia. Sofia, this is Jess," she introduced us. "Hey," we both smiled.

"I've heard a lot about you," Sofia smiled. This girl seemed unreal. She was prettier in person than in photos, and her makeup was flawless.

"Same with you," I said. "I love your eyeshadow," I added, appreciating how much time she must've put in to it. "Thank you," she smiled.

We continued talking for a little bit, and I finished my drink. I didn't like it at all, so I refrained from getting another. I grabbed a solo cup and filled it with water, only to make it seem like I was still drinking.

I felt both the weird ass blunt and the drink hit me at once. I was dizzy, but ready to laugh. It was so weird.

"I'm gonna get another drink, do you want?" Kayla asked Sofia. "Yeah, sure," she nodded.

"Kay, are you sure? That stuff is strong," I said. "I'm fine, I don't even feel anything," she said.

I reluctantly nodded, allowing her to go.

Sofia started talking to me while we waited. Once she returned, we went into the crowds of people.

Austin

The dinner was boring as hell. Dad and his colleagues were talking about work the entire time, and none of us had anything to say about it.

Caleb, Becca and I were subtly playing a game of Guess Who, pointing out people in the restaurant.

The food was amazing as fuck, and the place was amazing. I knew I wanted to take Jess here as soon as I stepped in.

Mom subtly nudged Caleb when he let out a rather loud laugh. Becca and I immediately grabbed our drinks in sync, suppressing our laughs.

My phone vibrated a few times in my pocket, but I couldn't pull it out because it would be disrespectful.

"Brown hair, white dress," Becca said over the table. Caleb and I slyly smiled, cautiously looking around the room.

Jessica

An hour had passed and I completely lost Kayla and Sofia. I tried calling Kayla but she didn't answer. I got Sofia's number and tried calling her, too, but she was clearly drunk as fuck.

I wanted to leave, really bad. I needed to find Kayla and Sofia, and leave.

I was still a little tipsy, but also high as hell. The few hits I took of that weird blunt hit hard. I was paranoid, though. I still don't know what it was.

Setting my cup down, I went on my toes to look over the crowds of people in attempt of finding them. Cheers and chants grew louder as did the music. Each minute that passed only made people more hyped.

"What's a girl like you doing here, alone?" A strange voice asked.

My heart immediately started pumping faster than ever. Turning around, I saw an unfamiliar guy.

"Oh, hi.." I uncomfortably said, grabbing my cup. I brought it to my lips, immediately smelling alcohol.

I was ready to break down.

He spiked my drink.

Pretending to take a sip, I set it down as he smirked. I tried walking away, but he stopped me.

"Where are you going?" He asked. "I really need to find my friend," I said, not bothering to be nice about it.

"Come on, we can be friends," he said, stepping in front of me.

My palms were sweaty and I felt tears against the back of my eyes. I quickly pushed the feeling away, knowing not to make myself seem weak.

"Why don't you have a drink with me?" He asked. "I'm okay," I shook my head. "Come on," he shrugged. "No, I have to find my boyfriend," I lied.

Would the boyfriend card work?

He walked closer to me, making me walk backwards. I could smell the alcohol in his breath. His smile was more of a smirk and his expression was horrifying.

There were three things on my mind at this point.

Where's Kayla and Sofia?

I need to get the fuck out of here.

And lastly, what I was most scared of.

Would he have tried to...

Rape me?