107

Jessica

She finished explaining the story, but before Lily and I could speak, her alarm went off. We all immediately looked at her dresser, waiting for Nikki to grab the test.

We stayed silent, making me even more nervous.

This is my fault.

I set her up for this.

My hands grew sweaty and I licked my lips. Nikki swallowed, picking up the test and looking at it.

"Oh my god," she covered her mouth, immediately sobbing again.

I grabbed the test from her hand, seeing two lines.

"Fuck," I looked up, handing it to Lily.

I started pacing around the room. Nikki was still crying, and Lily was absolutely speechless, still looking at the test with wide eyes.

She's pregnant.

"Nikki why would you do that knowing the risks?" I asked. "Jess don't," Lily shook her head.

"No, Lily! She had every reason to stop him. She knew what she was getting herself into, and she still-"

"Jess, shut up!" Lily quickly cut me off. "She called us here so we can help her, not for you to make her feel worse," Lily said.

Nikki continued crying, having no words to say.

But Lily was right. I wasn't acting right.

Hearing her words, I immediately broke down.

I put my hands over my eyes, the tears flowing out before I could even stop them.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I told Nikki, wrapping my arms around her.

She immediately held me back, which I genuinely didn't expect. Not after all the shit I was saying.

"Okay, okay, guys," Lily spoke after a minute.

I pulled away, wiping my eyes. Nikki did the same, but it was no use for her. The tears kept falling, but I was able to stop myself.

"Can we all sit down?" Lily asked, doing so herself.

We agreed, sitting in a triangle.

Lily dropped the test in the center, making us look down. "What do you want to do, Nikki?" Lily asked, both of us looking at her.

"I- I don't know," she spoke after a few seconds, letting out a soft sob.

"Okay, it's alright, relax," Lily said. "We can help you. You don't have to answer us definitely, yet. But what do you think you wanna do?" She asked.

I looked down, playing with her rug.

This all was hitting too close to home. I didn't know what to do with myself.

They still didn't know that it happened. Caleb, Austin and Noah were still the only others who knew.

We never told anyone else.

"Wait, first, Nikki, you have to tell someone in your immediately family. Nobody else can take you to the doctor," I mentioned.

"No, she doesn't," Lily shook her head. "But she-" "Don't worry, I know people," she cut me off.

Good to know.

"What people?" Nikki asked. "Trained people that we can trust. We'll talk about that later, I promise. Just tell us if you know what you wanna do. What's your first move?" Lily calmly asked.