97

Jessica

Today was an okay day.

Mom and Dad still weren't talking, but maybe that's for the best. Dad hadn't talked to any of us about the elephant in the room, but still.. that's probably for the best.

Noah still didn't tell me what mom needed from him and not me.

School was okay. Kayla updated me on her and Sofia- still not exclusive, but way more than friends.

Kyle was making me laugh all day, something I hadn't done too much of recently. He and Kayla genuinely made my day better.

Austin would be flying home tonight, too. He told me he'd FaceTime me while he was packing and heading to the airport, which was pretty late at night, but who cares.

I wasn't doing too bad.

When I got home from school, Noah was in the kitchen with a box of pizza on the table. "Bless up," I said, grabbing a slice and sitting on the opposite side.

"What's got you in a good mood?" He asked. I shrugged. "Today's a good day," I smiled.

He looked at me suspiciously, but we continued doing what we were doing.

"Have you talked to Dad?" He asked me. "Last time I did, it was just an argument," I rolled my eyes.

I put my pizza down, looking at Noah. "Did you know that when Dad's not here, he's taking care of Claire?" I asked. "What did you think he was doing?" He shot me a stupid look.

"I mean I knew he was with her.. I just didn't think it was for that," I shrugged.

He shook his head. "Where's Mom?" I asked. "In the office," he said. Just as I stood up, he stopped me. "Not yet, she's working. Go later," he said.

Nodding, I sat back down.

After a few minutes, when I finished eating, I grabbed Nite and his leash, taking him out for a walk.

While I was, my phone started ringing. Smiling at the sight of Austin's picture, I made sure my AirPods were connected, before answering.

"Hi," I smiled. "Are you high?" He sarcastically asked.

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "I'm just kidding," he laughed softly.

"You're so annoying," I quietly said. "Babe, I was joking. I'm sorry," he said again.

I knew he was joking, but I couldn't help but get annoyed whenever he thought I was high, when I was just happy.

"What are you doing?" I asked, keeping my eyes on Nite. "Well, I should be packing. But I'm hungry so I'm not," he said. "Go get something to eat, you dumbo," I smiled softly.

"I will," he nodded. As I looked at the screen, I saw Mrs. Chanel behind him, packing a suitcase as well.

"Hi Mrs. Chanel," I smiled, getting her to look at Austin's phone. "Hi Jessica, how are you?" She smiled.

After conversing with her for a few seconds, Austin took over. "Can I go get something to eat quickly?" He asked. "Yeah, be careful," she nodded, handing him cash.

He got up with his phone, walking out of the hotel room. "Are you gonna miss it?" I asked. "Of course. But I wanna go home," he nodded.

Once I finished walking Nite, I continued talking to Austin as I walked back home. Once I did, I let Nite free and went upstairs to my room.

"I have a newfound obsession. I'm putting you on when I get home," he said. "Obsession of what?" I asked.

He held up a pack of fruit snacks, smiling widely. "They're so good, I can't even explain," he said, walking over to the cashier.

I talked to Austin for a while longer, until I got called down for dinner. Still no sign of Dad.. I sat with Mom and Noah.

"Jess do you have dance tomorrow?" Noah started a conversation. I nodded. "How's that going?" Mom asked.

"Good. We're gonna start a new routine tomorrow, I think," I explained.

Austin

After a long process of packing, saying goodbye to Dad until he came back, an even longer wait at the airport, and a three hour flight, we touched down in New York by 11 PM.

I didn't have service on the plane, and was too tired to stare at my screen on the way home. The one thing I had enough energy to do, was to take a quick shower.

Becca knocked out fast, Caleb was eating a bowl of cereal, and Mom was just in her and Dads room.

When I got to my room, I collapsed on my bed, sighing in relief. Closing my eyes, if my phone hadn't vibrated, I would've fallen asleep then and there.

Jess
Did you land yet?

Me
I'm sorry, I'm so tired I didn't even think to use my phone. I'm home

Jess
Yesssss I'm so happy

Me
Me too

Jess
Are you going to school?

Me
Sadly

Jess
Go to sleep. I'll be there in the morning. I love you

Me
I love you too. Goodnight