Lacuna

Author's note:
Wels is a knight. Literally. Far gone from his former life, he's still adapting to modern society now (with Jevin and Biffa ready to help).

But what exactly caused our precious knight to enter the modern world?

A quick summary of a few major events in Wels' life so far. Starting from when his old life ended and ending when his new life continues.

... You'll understand better once you've read it ;3

Trigger warning: Character death and implied death. Also, a lot of '—————' time-skips!

Headcannons in this chapter:
- Wels is a literal knight
- Dragons are/ were a thing. The time period made it very hard to combat dragons, so they appeared more; now, it's easier to fight back, so they don't show up as much
- The Hermitcraft server was a normal 'world' before it was chosen and established as a server (because it seemed... Different to the others that could've been chosen)
- Before the Hermitcraft server was the Hermitcraft server, no codey-rules were made. Therefore, fires spreading and permadeath were a thing
- Wels is very wary of fire
- Jevin was the one who found Wels. Biffa and Jevin immediately wanted the cute- sorry, cool knight to stay
- It took Wels some time to learn modern English. To this day, he still sometimes reverts back to old English without thinking, but he doesn't mix up his two English-es as much anymore
- Wels doesn't remember much about his old life. He sometimes remembers small flashes, but nothing really big. The biggest two things so far are mentioned in this story
- Jevin and Biffa are supportive bo-best friends. Their relationship did have development (like Dad and Papa's in 'Bittersweet'), but this is a Wels-lore chapter

————————————————

Wels awoke to a beautiful, blue sky. He didn't quite remember how he got here, but for some reason, he knew that he was ok.

Maybe it was because of the pretty maiden, whose lap he was currently resting in. After such a long battle, she told him that the least she could've done as a thank you was let him rest.

Wels had sung her a small song, a faint pink dusting his cheeks as he recalled this. She was overjoyed to hear it...

'What a nice girl.' Wels mused. His helmet had been discarded to the side and the pretty maiden was braiding his mid-long, blond hair. Wels couldn't help but find the rhythmic raking of her fingers through his hair soothing.

Time and time again, he found his gaze skimming over the open meadow the two rested in. On such a lovely day, soft green grasses and vibrant flower petals seemed particularly lush.

Cornflowers and poppies and dandelions dotted the wide expanse: flowers he adored. Not because they were flowers Wels would consciously choose to plant, but because they reminded him of this.

The calm moments between battles, the tranquility between adventures. Such wild and fantastical things had he encountered, yet none could quite match the feeling he felt resting here, with his maiden beside him.

Speaking of which, she had finished his braid a few moments ago. If Wels had memorised this event well enough (which he had), she should be weaving in the wildflowers she'd collected while he was asleep.

The village people were far beyond the point of surprised when seeing flowers in their knight's braid.

There would always be one flower distinctly prettier than the others, carefully positioned above his right ear. It had started as a coincidence, but now... Well, Wels didn't actually know. He never found the need to ask, so never did.

However, he knew that it always brought a proud smile to her face every time she saw it in his hair. That meant he would be proud of it too.

Such a simple thing it was: a deep azure cornflower with one petal too big. Perhaps there was some hidden meaning behind it: a secret message, or an unspoken promise?