Chapter 4

When Kyma wakes up, she is back in the main cave. Beside her is a small, waterproof box. She drags it towards her as she tries to slide back into the water, but immediately stops as her tail erupts in blinding pain. Instead of opening the box in the safety of the water, Kyma opens it on the floor of the cave. Inside the box is a small vial of painkillers, along with the instructions for taking it, and a small waterproof shoulder bag. Kyma drinks the contents of the vial without hesitation, and sighs in relief as the pain instantly disappears. She slings the bag over her shoulder and slips into the water, swimming over to the waterfall cave. Inside the cave, Kyma pulls the bag off her shoulder and places it onto the ledge beside the pool.

She hesitates before reaching up to unclasp her jade pendant and placing it into one of the bag's tiny front pockets. She sets the bag down within arms reach and grabs a book from the boxes. She places it on the ledge beside the pool and starts to read, immersing herself in the story. About halfway through the book, the radio crackles.

"Experiment, come to the cave."

Kyma huffs and grumpily slides into the deeper part of the pool, grabbing her bag off the ledge just before she exits the waterfall cave. At the main cave, she surfaces and slides farther into the shore, still up to her waist in the water when she stops. Unsurprisingly, Dr. James is there, but Kyma utters a silent thanks when she sees the lack of the other two men. She glares at the Doctor. Her name is not Experiment.

"I don't care who you are, or who you think you are. My name is not Experiment and it never will be."

He chuckles darkly. "If you don't want me to call you Experiment, then fine. I'll call you by your name, little miss Kyma." Kyma's eyes widen in shock at the fact that he knows her name, but he continues speaking as if he was unaware of her surprise. "I call you experiment because I made you into this." He gestures are her tail, which flicks slightly at her anger. "You are an experiment, my successful one. But," he holds up one of his fingers. "You shouldn't have disobeyed me, even in the form of talking back."

At that last word, he leans forward and yanks on the platinum chain of her larimar pendant. Her eyes widen in shock and fear, expecting the chain to snap and for her most prized possession to be lost to her forever. But somehow, the chain doesn't snap, even when he tugs on it again and again, causing the chain to cut into the back of her neck and draw a thin line of blood. With each tug, he grows more and more forceful, until he finally stops and releases it. Kyma backs away into the water, clutching the pendant in one hand and holding the other to the back of her neck.

Her voice shakes as she utters the question pressing her mind. "How do you know my name? I never told you."

He smiles and pulls his phone out of his pocket, tapping on it. He turns it around to show it to her, revealing two distinct sections displayed on the screen. Each side of the screen shows a cave area just like the one Kyma is in currently, and each of them contains one of her friends. Both girls are calling out Kyma's name and each other's, and Kyma feels her blood boil in anger at him for taking not only her, but her dearest friends. She looks up at Dr. James.

"Why are they here? What have you done to them? Where are they in this place?"

He looks down at her and smiles darkly, putting his phone back in his pocket. "Silly little Kyma. Your friends are here because I brought them here. They were the second experiment, and my success with you was duplicated. Your Japanese friend, Nami, is it? She is in the pen just next to yours, and your African friend, Fala, is in the pen on the other side of Nami. Now, I have another test for you soon."

Kyma is about to tell him that he isn't allowed to use their nickname for Fala, as her real name is Farasha, but she bites back her words and replaces them with another as his own register in her brain. "Test?"

"When I had you taken out of the water, that was a test to see how you reacted. This next test will come later, but you will eat first."

He waves his hand and the door opens. Kyma tenses in fear until she registers that the new man is wearing gray, not black, and that he is carrying a bucket. Then she frowns. Why is he carrying a bucket? He sets the bucket down beside her and she looks inside. The bucket is full of dead fish, the kind that you feed to captive seals and dolphins. Her nose crinkles and she fights back her urge to vomit, looking up at Dr. James once more.

"I am not a seal. Attempting to get me to eat these is a bit insulting. Also, it's really creepy. All of them are staring at me."

He nods. "Very well. I can see that point. What would you eat?"

Kyma looks hurt by the tone of his voice. "Normal food. Just because you did this to me doesn't mean that I am no longer human. So please, treat me like one."

He smiles menacingly. "On the contrary. You being my experiment means that you are not considered human anymore. You are now considered my property. Now, I'll call you back out here when your food is ready."

Kyma nods, and flees the main cave to return to the waterfall cave, her little pocket of safety in this horrible place. She opens the book back up and continues reading through another chapter before the radio crackles again, calling her back into the main cave. Her stomach growls at the same moment, and she slides back into the water before sprinting to the main cave. The man in gray is there, this time carrying a tray with a tuna sandwich on it. Kyma frowns momentarily at the lingering assumption of theirs that she likes fish and needs to eat it. He sets the tray beside her and she stops caring, grabbing the sandwich and taking a big bite of it. After her first few ravenous bites, she eats it slowly, savoring each individual taste. The moment she finishes the sandwich, the man in gray returns and removes the tray. Kyma is about to slide back into the water and return to the waterfall cave when the door opens again and the two men in black enter the main cave.
________________________________________________________________________________
Oh no! What are they  going to do to her now? What do you think will happen next?
Here is a picture of Nami

________________________________________________________________________________Oh no! What are they  going to do to her now? What do you think will happen next?Here is a picture of Nami

Happy reading!

~Goddess of Fate, signing out.