Chapter 3

She is met by the blank stone of the cliff face and frowns in confusion, feeling the small current forcing her tail to drift down and towards the cliff. Something in her mind clicks and she ducks beneath the surface to see an opening to a small opening several meters beneath the surface, close to the bottom of the shallow seabed. She swims towards the opening to discover a short tunnel that leads her through the cliff face and back up towards the surface of the water. She emerges from the tunnel to find herself in a small, circular pool within a cave.

Around the edge of the pool is a ledge beneath the water, likely for sitting. She perches on it and the water reaches up to her chest. She leans back against the stone encircling the pool before sitting up again to see a stack of waterproof boxes at the edge of arm's reach on the stone depression beside the pool, a cordless lamp sitting next to it. She opens one to see a selection of writing materials. The next box she opens is full of toiletries, and her lip curls up in disgust at the hairbrush designed to resemble a seashell. Clearly, the people who put her here were the reason she has a tail, and they clearly wanted her to have one. But why? She opens one last box to reveal a selection of swim shirts and curiously, a waterproof radio resting on top of the pile.

Kyma is about to swim out of the waterfall cave when she looks down at her tail. It now appears to be a light blue, but she remembers it being more of a silvery color when she was in the first cave. She lifts her tail out of the water to see it become a silvery-white, and drops it back in to become blue again. It doesn't have any color of its own, it just takes on the colors surrounding it, due to the iridescence of the scales. The reason her tail lacks color is because she is albino. However, she doesn't quite fit into the albino stereotype; her eyes are dark blue and her eyesight is good, but she does still have the characteristic pale skin and silvery hair.

Kyma stops examining her tail and slips off the ledge to reenter the pool before exiting the waterfall cave. She swims over to the wall to examine its above water area, and discovers a slit at eye level that extends throughout the three sea facing walls, only breaking for wall supports. The slits are big enough for her to fit her fists in the space stacked on top of each other. Through the slits, she can see another enclosure beside hers, and three of the walls are thick enough for someone to easily walk on the top of them. The wall facing the open ocean is much thinner than the others, with nowhere near enough space for a walkway. While she is examining the slits, Kyma's hand brushes against her neck and she feels a metal collar. She tries to slide a finger between it and her skin but fails, there isn't enough room. What is the purpose of the collar?

She hears footsteps above her and look up to see the man who kidnapped Fala and then took her. She instinctively swings her tail beneath her to keep it out of sight as he approaches, only flicking it the slightest bit to keep herself afloat. He has black hair and brown skin, and he stops walking when he reaches a spot on the wall right before her. His voice is falsely kind as he looks down at her.

"You don't need to hide that tail from me, little one. Now come closer." Instead of moving closer to him, Kyma backs away. His smile dips slightly into a frown before returning darker than before. "Come closer or I'll activate that device around your neck."

Kyma shakes her head and backs further away from him. The man reveals that he isn't bluffing, and taps something on his clipboard. Instantly the device sends an electric current through her skin, with it somehow not interacting with the surrounding water. The collar acted similarly to a shock collar on a dog. She moves closer, not wanting to be shocked again, but he isn't satisfied with that.

"Faster!" Kyma darts over to the base of the wall, and he smiles at that before barking at her. "Go to the cave, now!"

He points in the direction of the larger cave, and she swims over to it at a mediocre pace, wanting to stall as long as she can. When she enters the cave, she sits down on the waterline just shallow enough that she can actually sit, but deep enough for her to swim away if needed. About five minutes after she reaches the entrance cave, the door opens. Her kidnapper enters the cave with two other men, who are wearing black. Now that her kidnapper is closer, Kyma can see that there is a nametag on his cliché white lab coat. It says that his name is Dr. James Evans. He strides angrily toward her, not caring that he is getting wet, and drags her over to the very edge of the water. Dr. James pins her arms against the stone with his hands and leans towards her before speaking, his voice cold and cruel.

"Next time you disobey me, I'll take those lovely little pendants from around your neck, and I'll do something worse than that the next time. Understood?" Kyma nods, quivering with fear. "If you obey me, I'll keep you comfortable and make you as happy as possible. Alright, little experiment?" Kyma stares at him, confused. Experiment? Did he just call her Experiment? He barks at her again. "Alright?!" Kyma nods hurriedly. "Good."

Dr. James releases her and she pushes herself up shakily to watch as he leaves through the door, nodding to the two men as he leaves. They advance towards Kyma and she frantically tries to drag herself back to a spot she can swim away from. Sadly, people with legs are much faster than a fish-tailed girl in shallow water. One of the men grabs Kyma by the arms and hoists her up while the other man grabs her tail. She twists wildly, trying to get out of their grasp, but they carry her out the door and down a hallway, turning right at the end of it. They go all the way to the end of the hallway before stopping, reaching their destination just as Kyma's tail starts to sting as it dries. As they carry her through the door, Kyma hopes desperately that they will have some water for her to give her tail some relief.

But sadly there is no water, just a large and circular stone slab at the same level as a table. There is also a line in the floor surrounding the slab. Before she can look around the room for more information, the men place her down on the slab and step back. A few moments later, glass shoots up all around Kyma from the line in the floor, trapping her on the slab of rock. As the minutes pass by, Kyma begins to whimper at the pain emanating from her tail. They continue to leave her on the slab, suffering, and she begins to cry at the pain. Next she begins to scream, and then convulse in agony, before finally entering the blissful relief of unconsciousness.
________________________________________________________________________________
Aaah! Poor Kyma, that must be horrible. Why is he doing this to her? I hope you liked it, and happy reading!

And here is a new picture of Kyma.

~Goddess of Fate, signing out.