You stood up, fixing your yukata and handing Sanmi his Haori. "U-um, nice to meet you, I'm (L/N) (Y/N)." You gave her a bow and introduce yourself. "A pleasure to meet you, Kocho-san..."

She giggled and held your hand. "There's no need for formalities! You can call me Kanae! From now on we're friends! Friends of Shinobu are also my friends!" Her smile was very much radiating.

"Nee-chan!" Shinobu protested, her face red. "We didn't come here for that!" With her words, Kanae looked like she just remembered something.

"Oh yeah!" She beamed, looking over to Sanemi who was still sitting. "We got what you asked for! The boy from before already took care of it! " Sanemi nodded and stood up, leaving the three of you alone.

"Well, sorry to be leaving, (Y/N)-chan. But we have to go now!" Kanae gave you one last hug before walking away.

"Wait! I'll accompany you two!" You said, catching up and leading them to the front door. "See you soon, Shinobu-chan! Kanae-chan!" With one last wave, they left the house.

"You should come to visit sometime!" Kanae shouted, being followed by a protest by Shinobu.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"Thank you for the food!" It was lunchtime. The dining table had an awkward aura. Koichi looked like he just went through hell. Sanemi was glaring daggers into your soul, still wondering what was wrong with you.

You, on the other hand, was just trying to enjoy a peaceful lunch without getting killed by Sanemi.

A few minutes of silence passed and the two finally finished their lunch and left you alone. You let out the breath you didn't know you were holding as you can finally eat in peace. "Thank god..."

"What 'thank god'?"

"EEEK!!!" You scream, throwing one of your chopsticks to the person. Only for him to catch it perfectly.

"What the hell do you think your doing!? Do you want to pluck my eyes out or what!?" Sanemi exclaim, stomping over to the table and slamming your chopstick down.

"I'm sorry!" You bowed, your voice higher than before. "I didn't mean to!!" You were shaking to your bone, you refused to look at the guy on the eyes. Sanemi didn't respond and took a chair and sat beside you.

"Tell me, what's got you all like that?" He asked. But this time his tone was softer and calmer. You looked up, only to see him calm. You were expecting an angry, shouting Sanemi but surprise, surprise.

"I..." You began. "I saw... the room next to yours..."

"You mean you entered that room?" He asked calmly. You nodded. "So? Why are you acting all scared? I never told you to not go there, did I?" He was right. Maybe you were just being overdramatic. But you did still felt like you were snooping around without his permission, and maybe that you might've reminded him of his past.

"But..." You were about to protest but he cut you off, taking your hand and dragging you out of the kitchen.

"Koichi! Do the dishes!" Sanemi announced. And from the training room, you heard Koichi complain but did as he was told.

Sanemi dragged you upstairs and stopped right in front of the room where the shrine was. You two went inside, Sanemi kneeled in front with you by his side.

"They were my family..." He began to explain as you listen intently. "They were killed by a demon. That demon was..." He paused as he looked at one picture of a woman. His body was shaking as he looked up, almost as if making sure his tears didn't spill. "That demon was my mother."

You, being the nice person you are, decided to comfort him by giving him a hug. You felt him stiffen as you caressed his back, doing circle motions. "Shh... It's alright to cry... It's better to let it all out than bottle it all in and let it destroy you..." You felt pity for him. He was someone who lost everything.

A few seconds of silence and you felt his arms go around your waist as he buried his face in the crook of your neck. It was obvious that he kept all of this to himself. He had no one to tell his story to. He was alone. (Hah. Now Giyuu has a friend:))

"I-I couldn't protect them... I... we promised that we would protect them..." He sob, choking on his tears as he ranted. "I'm a failure... I'm too weak." His grip tightened. "I couldn't even protect the only person I considered a friend..."

You let him cry as you looked at the pictures. Five of them were his family and the other one was a picture of a demon slayer. He really was a pitiful man.

"Don't worry, from now on you have me and Koichi..." His grip loosened as he faced you, a few tears from his purple eyes, you smiled and wiped the tears away. "Don't cry, I thought you were a Hashira." You giggled as you saw his face reddened. "But for now, you're just Shinazugawa Sanemi, not a Hashira, not a Demon Slayer nor a problemed brother."

He didn't say another word as he buried himself in your arms, relaxing on the warm and calm feeling you give. A warm feeling he forgot after being called a murderer by his own brother, killing his mother and losing his family.

As the lights of the candle flicker, Sanemi fell asleep on the warm arms of the person he will consider special. In the future.

EXTRA

'You little bastard! You're lucky my sister is such a nice person!! I would've kicked you in the gut for even getting close to her!!!' Koichi was seeping a dark aura as he watches you and Sanmi inside the room. His knuckles were turning white from gripping too much.

'But for now...' He relaxed and closed the door. 'I'll let you be.'

'Nee-chan, you really have such a beautiful heart, that is why everyone loves you. I'll make sure to protect you and your innocence! So, just wait till I get better, then I'll be the one to protect you, just like what you did for me.'