PART FORTY-SEVEN

~Forth~

It has been 3 months now since Beam's kidnapping, I agreed to do therapy with him. I'm glad I did because it has had ease my anxiety a lot. N'Beam is thriving in his studies and I've returned to my work life and traveling for conferences. The only thing working my nerves lately is my Best friend Lam. There is only 2 weeks left for him to tie the knot with Park, and he has turned into a groomzilla. He wants everything to be perfect, so he has us going over everything twice. I'll be singing a song while they walk down the isle so I've been working on. This entire few months has been filled with lots of excitement. N'Beam will be starting his 3rd year of undergrad, and soon will start in his residency. I want to propose to him before hand, so I've been stressed out thinking of a perfect proposal.

*In coming call from Mother*
" Hello!!! Son... how you doing?"..." I've been good mother, what made you decide to call my phone today?". I asked because my mother checks in on N'Beam more than she does me. The only time she calls me is if she doesn't get hold of him directly. But I wouldn't have it any way, I'm glad my my family embraces Beam the way they do. The last time my father was in town, he took him to the race car show without me. Even my annoying brothers have accepted him as their own. The more sense it makes for me to marry him. " What's that suppose to mean Forth, I check up on you too... N'Beam updates me on your life hahaha" -Mother. I shook my head. " I just wanted to make sure you guys will be attending Easter dinner as promised, I knew Beam is in lecture now and won't be able to talk on the phone"..." And that's the only reason you called my phone mother smh". She laughed her hearty laugh and then simmered down...." ...Well that, and also your father has invited Lhong to come with his family"....

I got silent of the phone. N'Beam haven't spoken or seen his father over a decade. He hardly ever talk about him and when ever I bring him up he changes the subject. I don't know if he is ready to meet him, especially in that setting. " Forth!!! Are you still there?....".. "Yes mother.... does he know Beam will be there?". I asked concerned, I don't want it to seem like an ambushed situation. " Yes... your father and him have been hanging since New Year. He even wanted to reach out to Beam when he heard about the kidnapping situation" - Mother. " I honestly don't know how Beam will feel about it, but I'll bring it up at dinner tonight"... " That's sounds good, he is Lhong's only son, and I think it's time to start healing wounds. It would be good for both of them"-Mother. Yeah, but I won't have N'Beam in a situation that made him uncomfortable. I rather confirm with him. " Mother...." I hesitated but I knew I have to let my folks in on my plans. " What is it Forth?".... " Sooooo!!!!! I'm planning on proposing to N'Beam soon".... " OMG 😱, ahhhhh.... I have a wedding to plan. OMGosh... OMGosh..... Honey!!!!!! Forth is going to propose to BEAM!!!! I won the bet!!"....huh!!! " What do you mean you won the bet mom.... and I haven't proposed yet. I want to get his mother's blessings.... and perhaps his fathers if he decides to meet him".... " I bet your father a new car, that you would propose to Beam this year. Hahahaha, Yea"... my father took the phone from her " Your mother is a con artist, she conned me for a new car. When do you plan to propose Son?" ... "After Lams wedding, I want it to be perfect". " Congratulations Son, he is a great kid. You always have our support". " Thanks Dad".

~Beam~
Things between P'Forth and I have been great since we started the therapy sessions. Even though I was the one who was Kidnapped he had a lot weighing on his shoulders. But of late, his anxiety has lessened and he even allows me to drive to and from campus by myself. He is more relaxed and I'm happy we are back the early days of our relationship. His family is also very welcoming, and I even managed to get mother to have lunch with Mrs. Jaturapoom and I when P'Forth was out of town. They had more in common than they knew. Today is Friday, and during the weekends we stay in the mansion instead of our apartment in the city. P'Forth and I have fitting with P'Lam and his fiancée this evening. I really enjoy their company, and their relationship dynamic. When you are looking in from the outside, you would think P'Park call all the shots, but he is just a pawn in P'Lams game. That man loves his soon to be husband, and has turned in to a groomzilla as their wedding approaches.

I noticed P'Forth had already arrived home, when I pulled up. " P'Forth!!! I'm home!!!" I said as I threw my book bag on the bed and started taking off my school uniform. " what have I told you about leaving your things lying about huh???... Put stuff where they belong N'Beam!!!"he said as he walked out the bathroom with nothing but a towel on.Arghhh he whines too much, " Yes!!! Daddy" I said winking at him as I took off my pants... he licked his lips, " little boy you are asking for it!!! C'mon I don't want groomzilla to yell at me. Take a shower and let's head out"... " You sure you don't want a taste!!! Of this bussy😝" I teased him as I walked towards the bathroom in my tidy-whities. I can see the lust in his eyes, but then his phone went off "... we will be there in 5 minutes Lam... Calm down!!!"... he said and glared at me to get in the shower. 😂

~Forth~

N'Beam looks so good right now in his casual wear, if it wasn't for Lam I would have gotten me a quickie before we left home. I kept stealing glances at him as we drove off. " why are you stealing a peak now??? I offered you some earlier"-N'Beam.  Hahaha " yeah, don't worry, we will check into a hotel after this fitting. You'll pay for teasing me like that"... We arrived to a pissed off Lam and Park who looked like he was about to pass out from stress. " You said 5 minutes!!! Forth!!!!"-Lam... " Sorry Lam... it's Friday evening, traffic is hectic". He rolled his eyes and ordered us to try on our tuxedos. For the first time in weeks, he was satisfied with everything. This is good because we only have two weeks left till the wedding.We had dinner with them,  and I made reservations in the hotel. As we was going up the elevator I told Beam, " My mother wanted to make sure you were still okay to come for Easter dinner... " Of course, I've been dreaming of your mother's cooking since the last time she visit... oh and my mom will be attending with her fiancé. Is that okay?!"-N'Beam.
I gulped and froze at the entrance of the elevator... " So Beam!!!! Ummm, so about that....". Is either now or never Forth I thought to myself . " My dad invited your father and his family as well". He paused and I thought time had stood still " N'Beam, are you okay with that?"....He didn't say a word , then turned around to enter our suite. I followed behind him " Beam!!! Talk to me".... he looked me in the eyes, and I could see tears welding in his eyes, " I- I don't know if I'm ready Phi" he said. I pull him into a hug, as if that was the trigger. He started crying in silence.  " You don't have to, if you don't want to. I'll tell my parents we Connor make it". I said kissing him on the head. I'm glad I asked before hand, I don't like seeing him like this.