PART FORTY-TWO

A/N: I have a million and one ideas on how I want this story to end lol. I keep typing and deleting. I've come to this conclusion. My goal was 50 chapters or less. Again, thank you all for indulging in this fictional world with me 😩. I appreciate you all for reading.

~Forth~
We arrived at the location that was sounding Beam's signal. "Hold up!!!is that a Cabin in the middle of the jungle? What kind of MAD person live out here?"-Park. " A sick asshole that's who... it doesn't look like there is any clearing here for landing"-Lam. He was right, we were in the thick of the jungle and the only thing that stand in the way of getting to the ground. Lam turned on the high beams to gain a better view.  Suddenly, I noticed two figures coming out the cabin. I couldn't make out whom the other person was, but at first glance I noticed N'Beam just from his silhouette. My heart started palpitating just from the sight of him and seeing him ALIVE. " Beammie!!!Beam!!!Is that you?".... then I heard his voice reply "P'Forth!!! I'm here". I was in the brink of tears, " Lam can you land!!! We need to hurry, they moved into the darkness"... meanwhile Park was grabbing a rope and securing it to a handle. " Forth, you and I have to climb down from here. While Lam finds a safe place for landing"- Park. I grabbed on to the rope, and as I was descending down I heard a gun shot. The sound of the gun sent a rush of adrenaline up my spine, because I jumped of the rope about 3 feet up. " Forth!!! Are you okay!!! "I heard Park yelled.

As if my body had a mind of its own, I jolted up and started running towards where the shot came from. " Beam!!! Beam!!! Answer me" I couldn't see now because it was pitch black. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped to a defensive stance, " it's just me... take this". It was Park, was panting out of breathe. He handed me a torchlight. " how were you planning on seein in this pitch darkness? Let's spread out"-Park. I nodded and took out my gun. " Beam!! Beam!!! Still silence. From a about a yard from me I could hear footsteps, I knew it wasn't Park because he was searching the other direction. I turned off my torchlight because it appears the figure was moving from behind and I didn't want to be ambushed. In minutes I felt the muzzle of a gun next to my temple. " A word out of you, and I'll blow your fucking brain out". Where have I heard this voice before!?!? Type?😳 " Type???"... " Hello P'Forth, did you miss me?"... omg this asshole again " Type where is Beam???"... he started bawling his eyes out. " I told him to come with me!!! He gave me no choice Phi!!!"-Type. I refuse to believe it, I heard the gun shot but I refuse to believe Beam is DEAD!!. 

Suddenly we heard the sound of another helicopter approaching us.I knew it wasn't Lam because it appeared to be three of them. Suddenly there were high Beams in our direction, and about 10 men hopping off the helicopter like they were part of highly trained black opts. I heard a man screamed at N,Type to lower his gun. Then what I've been waiting to here all this while. " I found BEAM!!  Forth!!! I found Beam!!!" -Park. Next, N'Type held me in a chokehold " NO!!!! If I can't have him, you can't either Phi!!!! Why did he choose you over me? What do you got that I don't!!!.." I noticed the man in front of me giving a signal. I used this opportunity to elbow N'Type and one of the men in black shot him in the arm. " We've got the perpetrator... time to move out!!!!"-Man in black. I saw N'Beam being carried up to the helicopter, his shirt was soaked in blood. Park came behind, " He is unconscious now, he is being rushed to the hospital".... I felt numb!!! I felt time stand still. I didn't hear anything else that was said afterwards. All I could do was say a prayer that N'Beam would be okay. " Forth!!!Forth!!!!! .... Lam found landing. He is with Kit and N'Ming. Let's go!!!"- Park. All I could do was look up at the helicopter that had N'Beam, while Park push me to move along.
N'Type was handcuffed and being treated on another helicopter. I could also see N'Pha and Ms. Baramee hovering over her son crying. This entire ordeal has felt so surreal. Park and I hitched a ride to where our Lam, Kit and Ming were waiting. " What happened? Is N'Beam okay?"-Lam I couldn't bring myself to speak so, Park answered all their questions. "That duranged asshole should have received a bullet in the head"-N'Kit. " Let get going P'Kit, the hospital they are taking him is only 45 minutes away. We will see you guys there" N'Ming. He was was doing all he can to calm down N'Kit was enraged with so much anger. I don't know what I'm feeling right now, I just can't get the image of Beam looking lifeless out my mind. I felt so guilty, only if I didn't annoyed him that evening then all this could have been avoided.
We arrived at the hospital in 20 minutes time. Lam couldn't have his helicopter there so Park and him flew back to the city. I arrived at the emergency area to a blood shot eye Ms.Baramee and N'Pha with one of the men in Black. I rushed over to N'Pha to inquire for updates. "What is going on? How is N'Beam?"... " He is the OR now, the bullet didn't pierce through a bone. He did bump his head on a rock when fell, so he will be getting stitches. He would be out in no time" he tried to garner a smile to ease my aching heart. I nodded and sat next to Ms. Baramee. She looked distraught, I couldn't help but wrap my arm around her to console her. To my surprise she wrapped her arms around me and hugged me back weeping, " He WILL be okay right, Forth? My beautiful baby boy will be okay right?"... upon hearing those words the tears that I was holding back broke loose. " Yes he WILL" I said wiping my own tears with the back of my palm.