PART THIRTY-FOUR

~Beam~
I was lost for words listening to mother tell her side of the story. "Yes!!! Sheila was your fathers first love. He was in love with her since childhood, but was too much of a coward to profess his love to her. Now Kiet!!!! That's a MAN. Hell!!, if I had met him first I wouldn't have hesitated either like Sheila"... who is Kiet? I thought to myself, Oh P'Forth's father. " that boyfriend of yours is BOLD just like his daddy, he goes for what he wants and don't pussyfoot about it"-Mother... " so if I understand you well, father's feelings towards Aunt Sheila was one sided?" I asked trying to make sense of why she had so much animosity towards her. " In a sense yes, but she lead him on. Women do that sometimes, she was weighing her options obviously, until Kiet came back home as a commander in the Navy. Then she claimed he was like a brother to her smh."
" My problem wasn't with her, mostly your father. He was in denial of his attraction to her even after they both were married. He wanted me to ACT like Sheila. 'Why can't you be motherly like Sheila, why can't you cook like Sheila, Sheila Sheila Sheila !!!...' the final straw was when he asked me to quit my career. That motherfucker knew he married a BARAMEE" - mother was heated. " I guess that's why he is currently married to a Housewife who cooks and clean like Sheila"... hmm a lot makes sense now. " Mom so you don't have a problem with me dating P'Forth right?"....  " I actually like your boyfriend, he looked me in the eyes and said he LOVES YOU, without any doubt or hesitation and I believe every bit of it. I know I haven't been the best of moms but I'll always want the best for you Beammie"... She sounded very sincere, and I couldn't hold back my tears 😭. " Don't make him turn you into an eunuch though , you need to FUCK HIM TOO lol" leave it to mother to ruin a sentimental moment 🤦‍♂️.

~Forth~
I noticed Beam was having a heated conversation on the phone. I wanted to stay away but, when I noticed the tears streaming down his face I couldn't hold back anymore. " Excuse me mother, I have to check on Beammie". I said to my mom who was discussing her surprise cake she baked for N'Beam. He smiled when he saw me approaching him, and started wiping his face. He finished his call with, " Bye mother, I'll see you next month". I raised an eyebrow wondering what his mother said that made him tear up, but I didn't want to pry. " Is everything okay Beam?". He nodded his head. I raised his chin to look him in the eyes, " You know you can TELL ME ANYTHING right?!?!..." I said to him. " Yes Phi... I know. It's just that I've come to understand my mother better today. A lot of things that didn't make sense growing up, is beginning to make sense"... I wonder what his mom said to him, but I didn't want to pry it out of him. I want Beam to be comfortable to share a part of him with me without feeling pressured. This pass week that I've spent with him made me realize that he is still a little boy inside who yearns for love and attention and I'm  more than willing to be the one to provide that for him. I smiled and said, " are you ready to meet the rest of the family since mother ambushed you? Hahaha Dad and P'Mew are here and they want to meet you".

~Beam~
I was in a trance after talking to mother that I forgot that I haven't properly greeted Forth's father. I was a bit nervous because he is a commander of the Navy, and I was picturing him to be this mean looking man. But the person I met was the exact opposite. Let's just say I saw Forth 20 years from now. A middle aged man, with a tan and  in very good shape and a smile that could sink a thousand ships approached me when we arrived in the living room. " Well I'll be DAMN!!! Hahaha, not only did Brenda Baramee give you her last name, but made sure she physically created a male version of herself. You are handsome young guy, I bet women throw themselves at you"- Kiet. P'Forth cringed at his last sentence and unconsciously pulled me closer to his side by my waist. " Not on my watch father..."- Forth said. " Spoken like a true JATURAPOOM  hahaha, I'm only pulling his leg son stay at ease."-Kiet.  It was like a younger and older version of the same person. Their mannerisms, their voice, omg the resemblance is uncanny. Then his two older brothers, Park, Lam and their families all showed up in the living room. Wow!!! P' Earth and Forth look like twins and P'Mew looks just like their mother. This dinner party is looking more like a full blown party.

~Forth~
Let's just say my family's definition of a few family and friends is a hundred plus people. It was my moms siblings and their children and my Dad's siblings and their children . Lam and Park's entire family. It was a full house with lot of chatter and music playing." I see you've already tagged this one",said P' Mew while he looked at my engineer emblem on Beams wrist. " That's not the only thing he tagged 😏" P'Earth said rubbing his neck. These two brothers of mine don't seize to notice everything. I'm glad Beam's ears is being talked off by N'Yo and not hearing our conversation. " where to you see yourself in the next five years?" P'Mew asked. I smiled and said " I will replace that emblem with a RING".... P'Earth smacked me on the head, and so did P'Mew. " Stop being so CHEESY!!!"-P'Earth. They both laughed, but I knew that was their way of saying they are proud of me.

~Beam~
I was chatting it up with N'Yo, when a very well dressed man appeared out of the bloom but with piercing eyes. " who is your friend Wayo?" The man said wrapping his arm around N'Yo "Daddy!!!! I thought you won't be able to make it"-Wayo. DADDY? Wow Wayo's Dad look so young, how old was he when he had him? " Yea, your Aunt Sheila will kill me if I missed the MANDATORY family get together lol". He kissed him on the head and They broke their hug. " Dad this is P'Beam, P'Forth's boyfriend" he shook my hand with a smile and said, "Welcome to the family". " Oh, he is also My Boyfriend's best friend"-N'Yo. I gulped because that smile turned into a frown instantly . " Hmm, I see. When I'm I meeting this boyfriend again?" He asked glaring at me. Ummm, I hope he heard the part about me being the boyfriend's best friend and not actually THE BOYFRIEND!? I gulped. I was unconsciously looking around for P'Forth. We made eye contact and I noticed him staring in our direction. Thank God!!!

~Forth~
I kept stealing glances at N'Beam while conversing with my brothers and friends, when I noticed Uncle Arthit approach them. " Oooh Forr!!! Looks like your boyfriend is on Uncle Arthit hit list hahaha", P'Mew said mockingly. I glared at him and walked over to Beam, who was obviously looking around for me. "Hi Uncle Arthit, long time no see. I believe you've met my boyfriend N'Beam"... " Oh yeah I have, Wayo here was telling me he is his boyfriend 's best friend" -Uncle Arthit. I instantly understood what he meant, I'm protective about N'Yo, but his father would kill for him. I figured I should change the subject "N'Yo, you have to share a room with your dad" I said, placing my hand on the lower back of N'Beam when I felt somebody moved my hand. " And you are sharing a room with Mew!!!"-Mother. I could hear brothers who saw the entire commotion laughing like hyenas. " Mom!!! I'm a grown man!!! 🤦‍♂️" she glared at me and said " Not under my roof you are NOT!!!". I knew better than to say another word after that glare. She smiled at N'Beam who was now flushed red as a tomato, and said " Don't mind us Beam, not everyone here is shameless and disrespectful." She said still glaring at me and I gulped. I had a flash back to my childhood in that moment. I hope she knows that neither Beam nor I are virgins !!! We are two adults in a relationship, but I knew better so to avoid any further issues I said, " We should get ready for the Party N'Beam". I smiled to ease the anxiety that I can see brewing in his eyes.