Chapter 85

This chapter is dedicated to one special, motivated, disappointed, supportive and probably not as insensitive as she thinks she is reader. Toyo_Cee thank you.

Abel

"Who found you?" She asked softy, silently.

"I was told it was the security man. He alerted my parents who were busy fighting inside." He answered, carressing her bare knees with his thumb. He was lying on his side on the floor, his head on her thighs.

"Your mother stayed after your accident. She remained your father's wife... Why?"

"My maternal grandfather was a very wealthy businessman, unfortunately he wasn't clean. He was involved illegal cash smuggling, you know money laundering. My grandfather's transport company handled that. Every dirty player in the business did business with him as well as my father, that's how he'd met my mother. My mother was pressured by her father and I guess she really did love him, that's why she stayed."

"So ...somehow..." She paused for a while then continued. "Your father repeated the same thing your grandfather did with his own daughter?"

"I know, it's really fucked up..." Abel breathed out, pressing his lips against my bare knees. "Unfortunately for my sister..." He stiffened upon remembering and she placed a firm hand on his shoulder, caressing the area down to his arm.

"After truly finding out my father had molested me, my mother decided nothing was worth it. But after my near drowning, she never even had it in her to leave anymore. She was merely concerned about helping me recover. Then Sochi died a few years later, then my father shortly followed."

She traced patterns down his back. "Abel, how did your father die...?"

He roughly gripped her knee and stiffened again. "It was a chain of badluck for him. He turned on Ebiketon after Sochi's death, they pretty much became public enemies. My father refused to pay the money he owed him too. Ebiketon used his connections against my father, the EFCC started investigating his businesses. His karma wasn't giving him room to rest. He suffered two different accidents, one was at home and it left him paralysed waist down. The other...he didn't survive.

It was a car crash. Both my mother and I were with him in the car. I was driving and my parents were behind. We were fighting, I remember I was very high because back then I was a habitual smoker. And we were fighting and I on the partially constructed bridge that leads to the Eko-"

"Oh my God..." She breathed out.

Abel could still remember ever detail of these events like it was yesterday. "The ironic thing is we were actually on our  way to Eko to see a specialist for my father's legs. But we never got there. I remember my father trying to put his hands on my mother next to him and I completely lost focus and couldn't keep my eyes or hands on the wheel. Both my mother and I survived. But the way he died...?" He exhaled sharply. "Like a measly animal."

"Did you ever grieve about his death?" Her question was wicked.

"I'll atone for my sins."

That meant a lot. His way of saying he didn't, it was more than obvious he still hated his father. Lucky couldn't judge or blame him.

~*~*~*~

Lucky

     A week passed and everything seemed normal, not after revelation Abel had made to Victor that day, I knew of the relationship between the cousins. I came over one day and found that Victor was sick. His blood sugar had shot up, Abel had given him an insulin shot but it would take time for him to regain his strength. Apparently his mother was away for the weekend.