Chapter 9

A/N: So, this is Ty Ogunkoya, a model and he will be Tejiri 'TJ' Idonoro.

Lucky 

     Days passed and It was finally friday. Literally everyone in school had been anticipating the football match between Maria Grace and Saint James. The match would take place in our school. I knew I would be seeing Evan Okoh, my self-conceited, obnoxious ex-boyfriend. Evan Okoh played for Saint James, he was the captain. He was that charismatic, It was one of the reasons why he had girls falling at his feet, that and his dimples. I didn't care if I saw him or not. I mean, If I did and he tried to talk to me in a civil manner, I too would try to be civil and reply him meekly. Unfortunately, I knew Evan was anything but civil. The raw truth: I planned on avoiding him at all cost.

     It was almost closing time, the match was scheduled to take place after the closing. At approximately three o'clock, the players and a few students from Saint James would be arriving. It would be just the players, the sports perfect, both male and female senior prefects, the P.E (physical education) teacher and the school's principal. They would be arriving in their school bus. As for the Maria Grace student body, we would all get to fill into the bleachers and watch whilst cheering of course.

     It was currently free period, the last period before closing. So players had half an hour to strategize and coordinate themselves. Everyone was chattering and laughing, some were even busy with their cellphones. Someone had his earphones in his ears and his head is tucked between his hands, resting on the desk. Best and I were playing Whot (a card game). Suddenly, the door flew open and in walked Ebimo followed by Bola and Kelechi.

"Yes na, una no know me? (don't you guys know me?)" Ebimo Godson bellowed, his smug voice was quite audible. He chuckled humourlessly as they their seats. "I've got the game in my hands, Tejiri Idonoro got nothing on me..."

Jealous punk, you want to be captain. But your lack of manners alone degrades you...

What are you even doing here sef? You're a science student. go to your classroom!

"Uh huh..." his friends uttered in unison, encouraging him.

"Saint James got nothing on me..." He continued.

"Uh huh... " they chorused, by the sound of their voices, you could tell they were beaming.

"I run shît here..." He proceeded to slap his hands on his chest repeatedly for emphasis but it really just made him look like an ape. "na me dey run am! (I run things!)"

     They started hooting and pumping their fists in the air. I wondered what the ruckus was for, I mean they were all so loud, all they were doing was abusing our ears with their baritone. No one wanted to hear them speak, I wished I could tell them that to their faces though.

You need to grow a back bone...

"omoh, this match... I dey articulate am oh! (men, this match... I'm articulating it)" Bolanle suddenly spoke up, silencing the entire class with his words.

Articulate...?

"Ehn?"

"articulate?"

"bruh... "

"I don't understand..."

Their replies...