Epilogue

Third person POV

"What do you think? Will everybody show up? " Adesuwa asked bitting her nails. A recent nervous behavior she has learnt.

It was a surprise when her mother actually listened to her aunty and let her go for the trip Saif was organizing, even after the whole social media stuff. But then she didn't leave that house without her aunty who knew who were going and advised her about the consequences of getting pregnant this early.

Chioma smiled  as she pressed her phone, not paying attention to the nervous rack beside her.

"This is serious Chioma" she snapped.

Chioma groaned loudly but pulled her face away from her screen. She noticed the nervous look on Adesuwa and frowned.

"I just...I don't know ooo, I just... I'm just..."

"Worried" Chioma completed her sentence for her and Adesuwa nodded. " Why? " Her forehead creased in confusion.

Adesuwa gave her a pointed look but when it seemed like Chioma was not getting the meaning of her look she covered it up.

"I'm just worried they won't show up"

"Why won't they? It's not like we are meeting after ten years or so. We just graduated last month, so they'll surely come"

Adesuwa still didn't feel or even look a bit convinced at what Chioma said.

"Or are you worried that Tony won't show up" Chioma corked her brows

"Whaaat" Adesuwa dragged and laughed nervously. " No I'm not, he didn't even cross my mind"

Chioma eyed her " you can do better than that" she said referring to her lie. "You've touched that charm bracelet Tony gave you for your birthday more than a million times today"

Adesuwa huffed out "okay. You're right. What if he doesn't show up? What if he's really angry? " Her eyes widened at the next sentence forming " What if he doesn't like me again? I mean this is the second time I'm turning him down"

"It's a miracle he's been after you like this, you don't get that in other guys. If I was Tony, aswear I would have moved on. Find another pretty girl that will have the sense to not reject me after the hot kiss we shared a day before"

"So he's angry with me " Adesuwa asked bitting her nails.

Chioma rolled her eyes " it's a miracle he's not angry with you" she said her eyes staring at the car behind Adesuwa.

"How do you know that?"

Chioma gestured with her eyes and she turned to see Tony getting out of the black sienna. Her heartbeat quickened when their eyes meet and then his lips pulled up in a small smile.

The passenger door opened and a beautiful, sexy, slim, fair girl stepped out. She looked stunning in the red sleeveless jump suit she wore. Adesuwa gulped feeling intimidated already.

"Tony" her sweet voice called " I need to stretch my legs"

"Ok. I'll just get their bags" he said walking towards them

"Maybe he is, or maybe has moved on" Chioma stated.

Every single words Chioma said was like a knife piercing her heart.

"Babes what's taking you so long?" Joshua called coming down from the back seat.

Chioma's face pulled into a smile though she tried hiding it but she knew Joshua was like a drug that she was addicted to. She quickly ran over to him abandoning Tony and Adesuwa alone.