Chapter eighteen

Saifan pic above

Weeks had gone by since I was officially made the head girl of my school. I was literally thrown into meetings with the principal, meeting with top staffs ( HODs'), meetings with the senior boarding house master and mistress and other meetings I couldn't recall.

I had to attend this meetings with the head boy so obviously we reconciled. I also reconciled with Justice, Joshua and Chioma. Within those weeks Kezz spoke with me not once and neither did I, not that I didn't try but he was always with one of his friends.

I sat at the back of tuck shop trying to read since it was an afternoon and a revision week. I left the classroom because of the noise. Most students would be singing and dancing since there was no afternoon prep.

"Hey" I heard that accent I couldn't confuse for anyone else, Saif.

I drew my eyes away from my chemistry book and landed it on Saif. He was looking fresh as usual, with his neatly ironed Jabbi house wear (green).

"Hi " I replied and he took a sit next to me under the tree. "What are you doing here" I asked noticing he wasn't with any book for reading.

"I need your help" he said

My gaze narrowed into a squint showing my confusion. Why would he need my help

He continued when he noticed my look "it has to do with Rukky"

I nodded my head for him to continue.

"I need to talk to her, it's like I'm..."he shook his head correcting his words " ...I'm slowly loosing my mind. She has never even spoken to me talk more of acknowledging my existence...I need your help Adesuwa"

I was shocked at his sudden outburst. Why did he tell me all this, I surely can't be the only one to help him with this, he had friends... friends like Kezz. My heart clenched at the thought of his name, I shook my head clearing the thought away.

"Why me?"

He buried his face in his palm and then ran one throw his soft black curls.

"I'm I the only person that know about this?"

He raised his head and stared at me then he nodded slowly to my question.

"Why didn't you tell your friends, why didn't you tell Kezz"

"I can't tell any of them not yet... they'll mock me for life. The one girl I like doesn't even acknowledge my existence and I can't tell Kezz now, his too absorbed in his thoughts"

"Too absorbed in his thoughts how?"

"He's been distance for a while now always scowling...I think it has to do with a girl"

I sucked in a large breath.

"Do you know who she is" I asked feeling like my heart was starting to break into tiny pieces

He stared at me suspiciously but answered my question " I don't know but I know few weeks back I caught him writing a note for her to meet him in love garden"

I stiffened and my breath hitched. Kezz wrote the note.

"...I think she didn't show up or maybe he found out she's in love with someone else. When I asked him about her he just..."

His voice trailed off becoming distance as I tried to breathe. Kezz wrote the note, he sent it not Tony. All this while I thought it was Tony. I gasped, that's why he's been avoiding me.

I stood up quickly stunning Saifan, I had to see Kezz...he thought I stood him up.

" What happened" Saif questioned astonishingly

"I have to go" I said quickly and turned to leave. I had to make Kezz understand that I didn't stand him up.

"You're the girl?!"

I stopped on my track not turning to face him. He walked up to me and stood in front of me.

"You were supposed to meet Kezz, why didn't you go? " He asked almost flaring up as he eyed me

"I got the message late, I went there but I didn't see him" I replied in a high voice trying to defend myself.

"He was heartbroken you know" Saif said in disappointment.

"I...I swear I came to meet him, I swear I came."

I met Saif's blue eyes that watched me with amusement then he chuckled. I was confused why did he chuckle this is not an issue up for for chuckling.

"Why did you chuckle? "

He grinned knowingly " you love him"

"Bunkie" Sylvia called urgently as she flung her bag on her bed. She was still on her house cloth as she sat on my bed.

I eyed her actions " won't you change into your nightie"

"That one can wait not this one" she said sharply dismissing what I said.

"It's not Tony"

I raised a brow questioningly" what's not Tony?"

"I was a talking with Tolani during night prep and I just found out Kezz sent the note not Tony"

I sighed, disappointed at myself. "Yeah I found out today, Saif told me"

"I thought you and Kezz are enemies. How come you're even talking to that cute senior Saif"

I dismissed her comment on Saif's cuteness.

"So Kezz is my future school father" she said with a bright smile "I'm the president son school daughter, I'm related to the president" she squealed in excitement.

"What's going on here" Tina asked as she walked into the corner.

Sylvia immediately shut up and stood up giving us space. Sylvia was also Tina's school daughter but she wasn't that close to Tina like me.

"I found out that the letter belonged to Kezz"

She looked taken aback "so Tony didn't send it?" She asked a bit too eagerly

"No he didn't"

I noticed a strange glint in her eyes but I couldn't pinpoint it but I noticed the full blown smile. I waved it off as her being happy for me and Kezz.

Guess what?

Next chapter would be in Kezz POV. Who is excited? Because I am and I'm finally bringing Bayo and Janet fully into the picture.

So who has watched lion heart that movie is a blast. Ngozi Ezeonu, Nkem Owoh, Pete Edochie, Onyeaka Onwenu, Genevieve Nnaji, Kanayo O. Kanayo, Kalu Ikeagwu and Phyno. Tell me your insights on the movie.