chapter twenty-five

Adesuwa POV

Wednesday came in a flash and we were all prepared to leave the school premises, I mean who wouldn't want to, after going the whole term without a mid term break. It wasn't easy but we scaled through and survived through visiting days, every first Saturday of the month.

Dragging my box behind me with Tina and Chioma by my side. I had already informed my brother where we would meet, in my class.

Tony and I still haven't spoken to each other. Since the social night on Saturday, where he won most janded senior.

" Social night was a blast" Chioma said out of the blues.

"Yeah" I muttered in agreement while Tina nodded.

"You know Tony was the star of the show, I'm so happy for him" Chioma sighed softly.

Why is she happy for him? Did something happen?

As if sensing the turmoil within me Tina voiced out my thoughts " why?"

Chioma grinned and replied " he kissed Elizabeth that night..."

Wow!

I thought he was in love with me, I felt a kind of pain in my heart, like needles were piercing it. My stomach churned in a bad way and my face held betrayal.

"You guys don't look happy for him" Chioma stated eyeing us up and down.

Happy?

" Look, I don't know why your faces are like this but he is our friend, we should be happy he's moving on with his life, he can't be forever stuck in an unrequited love."

"I'm actually happy for him" I breathed out "I'm just so surprised he moved on from me quickly" I voiced out my thoughts.

"Stop being selfish Adesuwa" Tina spoke for the first, her words were thick and held emotions.

"I'm selfish? How?"

"He has moved on from you, stop trying to pull him back. Everything doesn't revolve around you"

"What!" I exclaimed surprised at her outburst.

"You had your chance to be with him but you blew it away. You're with Kezz now, be happy for Tony" she said and dragged her box farther away from us

"What!" I stood in shock watching as she walked away with her box behind her. I turned to Chioma, she had a strange look in her eyes before she shook her head.

"Don't look at me like that, she's right" Chioma added and we walked in silence as I tried to think, sort the things in my mind.

I met my brother in my class, he was holding a brown envelope which contains his result for the term.

"Efosa, let me see your result" I said and he handed it over to me. I brought out the papers inside and searched for the right one, jumping over the school fees paper, take home assignment papers and PTA papers. I checked the result and was proud of him, he topped his class with an average of 97.57.

"Wow! Congrats" he smiled and nodded his head. I couldn't wait to get out of the school premises and start my Christmas holiday, school Christmas carol on Sunday was fun but I wanted to attend my church on.

"What about you, what's your position?" Efosa asked and I replied coyly

"The usual"

I sighted Kezz walking towards me with a big grin.

"I'll miss you so much" he pulled me into a tight hug, then he kissed my forehead.

"Me too" I held his cloth in my fist as I pressed my head to his chest. "Promise you'll call"

"Promise" he whispered " Baby, I have to go the driver is waiting for me, I just wanted to kiss you goodbye before going"

I nodded my head and stood on my tiptoe to place a kiss on his lips. Forgetting the staffs, parent and students around he deepened the kiss, my hand went around his neck, and he caressed my cheeks after a long kiss we pulled away.

" Don't miss me too much" he whispered.

"I wont" I assured him.

"Merry Christmas in advance"

"You too" and he walked away. I wasn't going see him till 7th of January next year.

"So you and Kezz" Efosa confirmed.

I nodded " I'll tell you everything when we get home. What about Tony?" Efosa and I are closer than some siblings, we tell each other everything and we struggle together for our family survival, we practically did everything together, it was just school that separated us a little.

"He's fine" he replied curtly

I nodded knowing he doesn't want to go into that topic.

"Adesuwa, Efosa" I heard Chioma call " I've been looking for the two of you. My dad is here, he can drop you guys off in AYA "

My brother and I thanked her as she directed us to a silver sienna car, packed outside the gate. I was grateful at least instead of using close to one thousand naira for transport we get to use two hundred.

We got inside the car and greeted her dad he replied us and started the car when we were settled. Chioma sat in front with her dad while Efosa and I sat behind them.

"So I hope you all did well in your exams" Mr Dike said

"Yes sir" we chorused

"Chioma, what did you get?"

"Daddy I came 5th"

He nodded his head in approval. "What about you, ehmm Adesuwa" He questioned.

"First sir"

"Wow, that's good" he bounced his head up and down "and your brother?"

"Same thing sir"

He nodded and we drove in silence leaving me to my thoughts. I knew I was going too miss Kezz like badly, I yearned for his kiss, his touch but then my thoughts shifted to Chioma and her dad they seemed very close. Looking at them talk I felt a big hole in my heart and I tried my best to hold my tears in as if sensing what was happening to me Efosa held my hands in his in a comforting manner.

I missed my dad, I missed Osaze and I still had that deep guilt eating me up because I had a hand in their death.

Another chapter down though
It's not much but it's something. And another secret is out....she has a hand in her dad and brother's death.

Don't forget to vote and comment. Love you guys😘😘