Chapter fourteen

Rukkaiyah pic above

I paced front and back in  the dark room, murmuring to myself. The light flickered on  and I turned to see Saifan sitting lazily on a chair.

" Geez! You're so noisy" he muttered with his Arabian accent that made my knees go weak, I quickly composed myself.

" I'm sorry , I didn't know someone was in here"

He nodded and closed his eyes, I think sleeping. We are five feet aw from each other but I could see his dark, long eyelashes even in the dim light. I'm extremely jealous of him right now, for Christ sake he is a guy, what's he doing with long eyelashes.

" It's rude" he mutters

I corked an eyebrow but then I realised his eyes are  closed.

" Staring us rude" he opened his eyes, his blue eyes boring into mine.

" Sorry" I apologise " I'll just sit over there" I pointed at a chair, that was a bit far from him.

He eyed me from head to toe or should I say checked me out. " Nice outfit" he complimented

I groaned loudly " you're the fourth person say it this night"

" I mean it, I'm not using sarcasm" 

" Thanks" I smiled.

Silence fell in between us, he closed his eyes back and I started checking out the rocking on the wall, the wall was covered with paints of different colours and students nicknames were written on it both passed out and present students. I heard someone hit the mic, testing it finally a voice came through.

" Good evening" I recognise the voice to be justice, since he is the social prefect 2 he is to organise every social activities in school.

" Good evening" another voice shouted, trying to make the crowd quieten down.

" Do you know who the second voice belongs to?"

" Bayo"

I nodded. That means Bayo is the social prefect 1. I continued to listen to their announcement.

" Tonight's social night is going to be different" Bayo said and the hall became quiet

Justice adds " we'll be having a street party" he shouted and there was shouts and cheers

" So everyone kindly leave the hall" Bayo concluded and shaku shaku began to play.

" Aren't you going out" Saif asked

I shook my head " don't like parties"

" Why are you here?"

" I came for someone"

" A friend?"

I thought about it a little, what do I call Kezz, a friend or an acquaintance.

" Sort of"

He nodded.

" What about you"

He seem to stiffen a bit, he adjusted on his seat uncomfortable.

" To see someone"

" A friend?"

He seem to think about it for a while, he was about replying when the door to the room burst open and a boy and girl who I recognise to be Toby and Rukkaiyah walked in kissing. They were all over each other.

My eyes widened at the scene, they didn't even check to see if people are inside. I cleared my throat loudly to get their attention, the broke up immediately and they both smiled sheepishly

" Sorry" Toby said and pulled Rukky out of the room.

I turned to Saif just to see his jaw clenched at their retreating figure, I looked back at them and back at him , his eyes were trained on Rukky. I gasped, so maybe Saifan actually do like someone.

" You came to see Rukky?"

He moved his gaze away from the door and back to me

" No" he scowled

" I'm certain you came for her"

He quietly stared at me as I waited for my answer, instead of getting it he stood up and walked out.

I'm so damn right, he likes Rukky. I've heard about Rukky and Toby the unbreakable lovers, they have been together since junior school 3 ( jss3).

____________________________________

I walked out of the room into the hall some students were still inside mostly ss3 couples. I manoeuvred my way between the people present in the hall, some stopped to stare at me while some didn't even know I exist. The previous music came to an end and fever by wizkid came through, the screams outside got loud as it is the reigning song and obviously a medium to rock girls and touch them.

I found myself at the other side of the multi purpose hall, the dead zone, I had no idea why students gave it that name but if you ask anyone, they'll be like "that place na no go area" ( that place is another go area).I began perceiving strong smell of alcohol and weed. I think I just found the reason for the name.

Alcohol is on the list of contrabands in my school and I'm 100% sure weed or cigarettes is on that list so I wonder how students sneak this in. I was about to leave that area when my eyes caught a familiar figure, I stood still trying to place were I knew the figure from as there are no lights in this part of the building. The figure took a deep tig of the weed and blew it out like an expert forming a cloud of smoke around it, someone nudge the person and the figure turned to me, my eyes meeting with a brown one, Kezz.

I was shocked, his eye held mine for a while before he came to his senses. He quickly handed the weed to the guy next to him and ran towards me.

" Hey" he dusted himself, I think trying to get rid of the smell on him.

I felt like puking, I hate the smell of weed or any other form of smoking. I think he noticed the look on my face because he quickly brought out TomTom from his pocket, opened the wrap and put it in his mouth.

" You said you won't be coming" he said putting his hands in his pocket.

" I changed my mind" I eyed him from head to toe. He was putting on a black tank singlet and an asshole joggers with black crocs. I hate crocs. ( Crocs a slippers) I could see the outline of a tattoo from the left part of his shoulder to the right part. He shifted uncomfortably under my scrutinising gaze.

" Ummh... would you like to go somewhere else" he scratched his head and cleaned his mouth.

If I spend one more dying minute with him, I knew I would puke all over him, I couldn't stand the smell of smoke. He is asthmatic, how is he smoking? I wanted to ask but that will mean prolonging my stay with him.

I shook my head " no, I have to go back to the hostel" I said and left not waiting for his response.

Wizkid_ a popular musician in Nigeria.

Rocking _ a Nigerian way of say graffiti

Social night _ a party held every Saturday night in a Nigeria boarding school.