: Chapter 7:

*Alucard*

I was awoken by someone playing with my hair, and a faint giggle told me exactly who dared be so stupid. I could tell Farley had no clue I was even awake, and so, taking full advantage of a rare opportunity to harmlessly scare her, I let myself speak without opening my eyes. 

" What do you think you are doing, love?" 

I could hear her squeak out of surprise, the faint sound of her ass hitting the stone floor told me she hadn't been sitting down. 

" An asal iomlan agad! Fuck you, damn it! Don't scare me like that! leanbh dúr, I swear." (you asshole! stupid child.)

I had a good laugh at her expense. I loved it when she'd get so mad or amazed at something, and she would speak either Irish or Scottish. She interchanged the two frequently, and it was always fun to hear her accent on the words of her homelands.

" I'm sorry love, but it was too perfect an opportunity. I'll make it up to you, I promise." 

" You best damn better! We need to get going, meetings in a few minutes and we were told to be there before she was." 

I gave a sigh before getting up and I took a quick glance at Farley, and I noticed her usually long hair was in a braid, and it suited her. It looked very professional.

" You look good, love. I like the braid. I might have to invest in some golden hair pins for you to keep it as such." 

" Thank you. Wanted to try something new. Now, do that shadow travel thing you do."

" Yes, Ma'am." 

I pulled her close to me, giving her a kiss to distract her from the traveling. Once I knew we were inside and away from any windows, I pulled back, and I got a very childish giggle from her. 

" Look at you, literally sweeping me off my feet." 

" Isn't that every woman's dream? To have a prince sweep them off their feet?" 

" I guess. Come on, you know where to go better than I do." 

We walked arm in arm to the usual meeting spot, and I could hear Maxwell and Anderson talking before we got there, and I noticed Farley was tense, and her face was full of disbelief. 

" Love, what's wrong? You alright?" 

" I must be tired, I'm hearing things. I'm fine." 

" Alright, if you say so." 

We rounded the corner, and I felt Farley go slightly limp, horror plastered on her face. Her eyes were glued on Anderson, and his on her, disbelief and matching horror, with hints of confusion. 

" Farley? Is that you, mo bhean ghràdhach ?" (my dear wife)

" No, this is a cruel joke, a bad dream, this can't be happening. You aren't real. No, this isn't happening!" 

She was falling into hysterics. I carefully held her, my arms literally were the only thing stopping her from falling to the floor, and I felt the waves of hatred pour off Anderson. 

" Farley, draga mea, whats wrong? How do you know Anderson?" 

" That's not Anderson. That's my dead husband! That is Alexander O'Maide! I saw you fucking die, you absolute bastard! I watched your body get buried! I had to hold your fucking mother as she cried over her only son being put 6 feet under! How the absolute fuck are you here!?  Ciamar a tha thu an seo?!"(how are you here?!) 

I was the only thing keeping Farley from losing her mind. Anderson looked mortified at her current state, and I was just plain furious. 

" You are her ex-husband? You were Xander?" I was having a very hard time keeping my voice steady, knowing I had to be the rock keeping Farley together.