Chapter 9

Sierra

 He looks at me and then nods his head sadly.  Max joins us and holds the door open.  I let Lucas walk through first and then turn my eyes to Arthur.  I let the Moon Goddess consume him with her fire and close the door behind me. 

No-one can smell his burning flesh and it will be over with soon.  We walk back up the stairs and along a corridor until we reach the teachers lounge. I stop and take a deep breath before opening the door and walking in. 

The three teachers in there stop talking and turn towards us. They all bow when they see Lucas walk in, followed with Max and I.

"Could you two please leave. We have something to discuss with Linda here" I ask the two male teachers who get up and leave the lounge. 

Lucas and Max wait for me to continue. I look into Linda's eyes and shake my head. 

"Why didn't you stop him? You've known of his behaviour for three years?" Linda drags her gaze away from mine and looks around the room.

"There is no way out, just like you didn't help or give Nik away out?" I tell her 

"Alpha please who is?" 

Lucas roars, stopping her from saying anything else. 

I grab her chin roughly and bring her eyes back to mind. 

I let her feel all of Nik's pain, from all the beating he received from his father. 

I let go of her chin and step back as we watch her wither and silently scream.

I turn to Lucas "I'm letting her feel Nik's pain, from all that his Father did to him" I explain 

I see Max take a step back. Linda passes out and falls to the floor "Max take her to a cell and chain her up she can stay there while she feels all that she could have stopped" Lucas instructs.

Max hauls her over his shoulder "remind me not to get on your bad side" he says as he walks, pass me, to the door. 

"Max, this stays between us, we have a bigger threat coming" Lucas says and waits for Max's nod before turning back to me.

"Is this why you wanted to come and see the school?" he asks, I nod 

"We could sense a wolf crying out for help" I explain. 

"Thank you, the pack will become even stronger with you standing beside me" he says holding me to him and putting his head on my shoulder. 

"Not everyone will be happy about my powers Lucas?" I tell him and feel him nod his head 

"I know, but most will feel more protected with you here" he assures me. 

"There is one of your Alpha's coming from the East. He isn't happy" I state 

"He'll be here by tomorrow mid-day" I add 

Lucas just holds me tighter and takes a deep breath of my scent, calming himself. 

"Let's go and play with the kids for 30 minutes, while they have break" I suggest and pull him out the door. 

I make my way outside and there is about 30 kids all running around playing. 

"Hey can we join?" I ask a group of kids batting a ball in the diamond.  

They see Lucas and agree.  We take a side each and play with them for 30 minutes. Laughing with them and running with them. The score is pretty even when a small boy picks up the bat.

He puts his tongue between his lips focusing. I feel his wolf trying to retreat and give him a little boost of confidence. As the ball is thrown towards him, he swings the bat and we hear the clear clank of the bat striking the ball. The boy throws the bat and runs as fast as his little legs can carry him getting a home run.