Chapter 5

Sierra

 I step forward and a little in front of Lucas stopping her.

"He isn't and never has been your baby.  Call our mate anything but, Alpha and I'll rip out your tongue" I say sweetly. 

She blinks up at me as I'm a little taller than her even with her 4" heels on. 

She tries to smile but we can smell her fear "mate?" she says 

Before she can say anything else.  I let Silver come to the front of my mind "yes mate. Now scram" Silver growls

We see her bend her head and bare her neck as she feels some of our power.  She tries to straighten, but Silver will not let her until she moves back away from us. Only then will Silver let her lift her head. 

She glares at us "we can also pluck out your eyes" Silver growls and she trembles before turning and marching away from us. 

Lucas chuckles and pulls me back against him "is it bad that I enjoyed that show of power?" he whispers in my ear. 

I turn around and put my hands on his arms "no, I think I'll get off on seeing your strength too" I admit. 

He brings his forehead to mine and we just breath each other in. 

"She is the only daughter of Alpha Stone who leads the East River Wolf pack. She wants a place of power but none of the Alpha's have looked her way. She isn't really an Alpha wolf" he tells me. 

"No, she isn't.  Which is a little surprising, if she is born from an Alpha." I say questioningly 

"She was adopted, a fight with a rogue meant her father was unable to have children so him and his mate adopted her" he tells me.  

He stops outside a plain white door and opens it "my office" he says letting me walk in. 

It is a large room with a big dark wood desk, large chairs sit in front of it with a big one sat behind it. There is also a sofa coffee table and two comfy chairs as well as bookshelves filled with books and filing cabinets against the walls with a large picture window with a view of the back of the pack house and surrounding woods. 

I take in a deep breath and fill my nose with his scent. It's a mix of pine and mint. 

"I like your office" I tell him and look up to him. 

He is watching me with a small smile of his lips. 

"You don't know how, happy I am to find you" he breaths. 

"It's the same for me, I thought I would be alone forever. These last two years have been hard feeling the shit, fuck anything that moved" I say trying to hold the growl back at the end. 

"We can feel whole now, together" he says pulling me to him. 

I feel tingles shoot all over  trying to stop a moan from leaving my lips. I take my hands up his arm to his shoulders and feel him shudder. 

"My first mate I never liked, she was just mean to everyone around her. I was glad that she rejected me first, so I could reject her back" he says into my neck. 

I feel the familiar burn in my chest, as Angus starts screwing someone else. "I wish he had rejected me back" I say rubbing my chest.  

I feel before I hear the growl that leaves Lucas's mouth. I smile up at him and lean up to give him a kiss. I just meant for it to be a quick kiss to say, I'm alright don't worry. 

Once our lips touched it was if something bright burned between us igniting a fire within that neither of us was aware of. It was only with great power of will that we were able to pull apart and calm ourselves down a little.