Chapter 4

Sierra

 "Well you all seem happier" he says smiling at the young pups. 

"Do you know that strong wolves are the ones that break bones on their first shift?" Katie asks

Lucas looks at me and then around the others "I did believe that. I'm pleased you all now know that it is nothing to be ashamed of" he encourages.

"Sierra, told us not to boast, just show the pack how strong we become and helped us talk to our wolves" Matt tells him. 

"My wolf is a little silly and makes me laugh" Katie adds. 

"I'm glad you all feel better and that your wolves are talking to you. I have to show Sierra around the pack now" Lucas tells them. 

I stand up and wave to them as I leave the room. 

"My clothes?" I wonder 

"They have all been washed and are now in your room at the pack house.  I bought you some to change into." I smile and take the clothes he brought into the bathroom and change. 

I comb my hair and put it up in a pony tail. I walk out and find Lucas looking out small window.

"Ready" I say

He turns around and looks me over from head to toe and then back up to my face again. 

"You are breath taking" he whispers walking towards me. 

He rubs his hand down my arm to my hand and then holding it he takes me from the room. I follow feeling the mating bond and tingles getting stronger. I look at our joined hands and then up to Lucas.

"It's the only way my wolf will allow me to take you around the pack with the other non-mated males" he explains. 

"I like it" I tell him walking beside him as we walk out through the doors into the early evening sun. 

I take a deep breath of the fresh air. 

"Wow! It is really clear fresh air here" I say

Surprised at how little pollutants I can smell in the air. 

"We are in one of the biggest forests and mountain rangers in Canada" Lucas replies. 

"Canada?" I question 

"Yes the River Wolf pack straddles the USA and Canada boarder. 

"No way, I've read about your pack. It's one of the biggest packs ever" I say surprised. 

He smiles "I have a lot of help and you will just see the main branch of the pack.  We have four other sub packs within our land. They all have their own Alpha's to run them, but I'm the head Alpha if you like." 

I look at him in wonder as he doesn't look older than early twenties. 

"How old are you?" I can't help but ask he smiles

"I'll be 25 next, birthday." 

"I've just turned 18, well not long turned 18. I don't really know the date?" I tell him. 

"20th July, Wednesday" I look at him shocked. 

"Really? I didn't know I'd been on the road for over a month, I left home the day after my birthday which was the 12th June." 

We walk towards a large, three story house.  My feet start to drag and Lucas looks at me with a raised eyebrow's. 

"Sorry, my family didn't live in the pack house. I find them a little too noisy" I admit.