Chapter 12

Back to Jungkook POV:

The gun shot echoed in the silent laboratory. I immediately checked on Eunmi only to see her frozen still. Then I heard another gun shot. I looked over to see Taehyung running back to us after he shot the scientist. 

I turned my attention back to Eunmi. She was still frozen, but then I noticed something else. A red stain was forming on the right side of her stomach, the blood staining the clothes she was wearing. 

Her body collapsed on the marble floor, her cat ears and tail disappearing. "EUNMI!" I screamed. I sunk down to the floor trying to help her up. Taehyung bent down and helped me. "We need to get her to a hospital as fast as possible." He said while taking her limp body through the exit. 

I followed behind, tears staining my vision. The other kids had already ran for their lives, hopefully making it back to the city where they can find help getting back to their families. 

I ran alongside Taehyung who was surprisingly very fast. We jumped over tree stumps and roots, clawing through the forest trying to find the hospital. Not long after, we reached the starlit city of Busan.

We ran on sidewalks not caring if we bumped into someone. I knew where the hospital was, so I was directing Taehyung on where to go. When we reached the hospital, we rushed inside and called for a doctor. 

"Help!" I called out in the hospital. Doctors rushed in with a body table and placed Eumni on it and sped her away to the ER. A doctor stayed behind and assured us that she would be in good hands and that they would do everything in their power to keep her alive. 

I just hoped they were right. 

I sat down in one of the waiting room chairs, my head resting in my hands that were propped up by my elbows. I sighed, my leg bouncing up and down repetitively at a fast pace. Taehyung sat down next to me taking one of my hands and holding it tightly. 

I looked at him before resting my head on his shoulder. We sat there in each other's embrace not saying a single word. We didn't need to. After an hour or two, a doctor came over to us and told us to come with him. 

I didn't know what that meant for Eunmi's sake. I couldn't read the doctor's face. Taehyung and I followed the doctor to the room that Eunmi was in. "Don't worry, the girl is fine. We removed the bullet and no essential organs were shot. She's resting now, so you two can come in and see her." The doctor gave a small smile. 

"Thank you doctor!" I said gratefully before rushing inside Eunmi's room. The commotion must have woken her up. Her piercing blue eyes fluttered open, a beautiful smile gracing her features. "Oh, hey! What's up?" She asked, her voice dry yet cheerful. 

"What's up? You're asking us when you're the one who got shot?" I retorted. "Uh, yeah. I need to know how my big bro is doing!" She exclaimed happily. "Wait.. big bro?" Taehyung asked confused. 

"Yeah! Kookie is my brother!" Taehyung's jaw dropped open. "You never told me you had a sister!" "I didn't know I had a sister in the first place. Plus we're adopted siblings, but that doesn't make her any less family." I smiled at her as I walked over to hold her hand. 

"Speaking of family, can you call Mama and SooSoo over here? I wanna see them!" "Sure." I said smiling. I looked at Tae asking if I could use his phone which he of course said yes to. 

I called my moms and a few minutes later they came bursting through the door. Chaesoo was crying and Mom was trying to calm her down. "Oh, my baby! You're okay! I thought we lost you." Chaesoo spoke through broken sobs. 

Her and Mom went over to her and hugged the life out of her as I stood next to Taehyung, slightly leaning into him. I smiled at the scene, my heart swelling with love and the feeling of completion.

My family was back together. 

My moms soon turned to me hugging me tightly. "Guys. I can't breathe." I whispered out, their hug squishing my lungs. "Oh, sorry Kookie. We're just glad your okay." Chaesoo said after releasing me. 

"Who's this?" Mom pointed to Taehyung. "Oh, that's Taehyung. He's my roommate and my friend. He saved Eunmi's life and the lives of countless other children." Taehyung bowed to my moms. "Nice to meet you Mrs. and Mrs. Jeon." 

They then brought him into a hug. "Thank you for saving Eunmi's life. We couldn't be more grateful." Mom said before turning back to Eunmi. "The doctor said she'll be discharged in two days. In the meantime, you two need to get back to campus." 

I nodded and hugged my mom's and Eunmi goodbye before leaving the hospital with Taehyung. We took an Uber back to Seoul and were dropped off at our dorm building. The whole ride there was in silence, none of us knowing what to say. 

I saw my shopping bags on the ground which was surprising since I've been gone for hours. I picked up the bags and continued walking with Taehyung. We soon made it back to our dorm and he unlocked the door. 

We wordlessly walked into the room as I set my bags down on the floor. I was confused as to how Taehyung had been so calm through this. I mean, you don't see stuff like that everyday, so I decided to ask him about it. 

"How are you so calm? You literally saved me and everybody in that lab, shot someone, saw hybrids, and you look unfazed? How is that possible?!" 

And I was not prepared for what he said next. 

Salut mes amis! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Have a great day/night 💛💜