Chapter 6

Flashback 5 years ago

My vision slowly returned to me. It was cramped in my small prison. The cold marble floor made my whole body shiver. I was still in the clothes from yesterday. I looked at my arm and saw the dot in my arm from when I was injected. I also noticed a little tattoo thing on my wrist.

'0572'

That's my name now. Nothing but a number. One boy out of seven billion people. Do I really have any significance? But how can I think of that when I have no power to do anything significant?

I can't.

A door squeaked open, breaking my thoughts that I tried to clear from my head. In a way, I was happy the door opened. But I knew what would come from it wouldn't be filled with joy and happiness. A scientist entered the room, his dress shoes clicked on the floor.

Click, click, click.

He smirked as he held his clipboard and words rolled out of his mouth. "Well, well, well. What do we have here?" He crouched down to examine me. He stuck his hand in the bars and gripped my face harshly, turning my head in different directions.

Up, down, left, right.

My chin was probably red from the strong grip on it. When he finally released my chin, he grabbed hold of my wrist and turned it so he could see the tattoo thing. "Test Subject 0572... Welcome to the lab. You're gonna love it here. I hope you enjoy your stay~" The scientist creepily said before standing up, brushing his coat with his free hand, and exiting the room. 

I was all alone again. I have no food, water, company. All I have is the cage around me, this stupid mark on my wrist that I have no idea if I can get rid of, and the scientists. 

Not really much, is it?

Not even a few minutes later, another scientist walked in. He wordlessly walked up to me and unlocked my cage. I looked up at him with big eyes as he opened the door. Maybe I could escape- "Don't even think about trying to escape, filthy rat."  His dark voice cut my thoughts off. 

He dragged me by the insides of my arms out the door and into a room with a large glass tank. It was empty, but there were tubes connected to it that connected to who knows what.  "Strip." The man told me. I was frozen in place for a second. 

Apparently a second is too long. 

"I said strip!" He yelled as his hand landed a hard slap on my cheek leaving it red and searing with hot pain. I quickly undressed and left my clothes on the floor. "Now get in the tank." 

I walked over to the tank. He opened it and shoved me inside. I stumbled into it and he closed the door behind me. No way I could escape now. 

 I was shivering inside the tank, naked, cold, and afraid. What were they going to do to me? All of a sudden, thick needles enter the veins on my arms and legs. I cried out in pain. It was excruciating.

I try to keep my eyes open to see what was happening. I could see the the tubes inserting a thick green liquid into my arms. I could feel the liquid spreading everywhere inside my body. What was going to happen to me? 

I look at the scientist smirking in satisfaction that the machine worked. Then the needles left my body and I collapsed on the floor of the tank. The scientist must have called in his friends because a few more scientists entered the room. One of them wrote down things on his clipboard, the scratching sound of a pen not reaching my ears from being trapped in this tank. 

Then the rude guy who dragged me in here opened the tank and my small body fell to the floor. I tried to stand up on shaky legs. The scientists just looked at me. Observed me. Just like the science experiments we do in school. 

Except I'm the dependent variable. 

(A/N)- I love writing these flashback chapters! It's so fun and interesting to write Jungkook's past at the lab. I hope you all enjoy these chapters as much as I love writing them! Have a great day/night!