Chapter 11

Taehyung POV

I was on my way back from work. I was tired and all I wanted to do was go back to my dorm and fall asleep on my bed. I noticed a familiar figure walking back with tons of bags lining their arms. 

I walked closer and realized it was Jungkook. I was about to call out to him when a looming figure showed up behind him. I hid close by still in earshot. I watched as the figure restricted him in his hold as Jungkook tried to scream for help. 

His screams were muffled as the man took out a handkerchief and covered his mouth and nose. I heard the man's low voice, "You really thought you could get away without us finding you? Ha! You're going straight back to the lab Subject 0572." 

I froze. 

Subject? 

I watched the man drag Jungkook's unconscious body to a black van. He threw him inside and got in the passenger seat. I followed behind him making sure I wasn't seen. The cars headlights turned on and drove off. 

I didn't have a car myself to follow them, but I still went. I walked down roads and trailed for hours. I noticed that we were in Busan. I saw the car take a turn through a forest. My legs ached, but I still pressed on. 

I needed to know what was going on. 

As the car came to a stop, I noticed we were at a lab. It must be illegal for it to be hidden in the woods. I debated whether to call the police but decided not to until I fully know what's happening in there. 

I snuck inside and looked for something to disguise me. I found a spare lab coat on a coat rack and quickly put it on. 

I walked around the white marble floor looking for where Jungkook could've been taken to. I suddenly heard the sound of a door being slammed shut. I followed the noise and hid from the scientist that turned the corner.

Once he left, I came out from my hiding spot and went to the door. I noticed it was locked. Now all I have to do is find the keys.

I looked around looking for anything that would lead to the keys. I saw an office nearby that had a window. There was nobody inside, but there were keys on the desk. I walked over to the office making sure nobody was around before opening the door. 

Surprisingly, it was unlocked. I quickly grabbed the keys off the desk and went back over to the door Jungkook was probably in. I tried the first of three keys to find that it didn't work. I then used the second key and the door opened. 

I went inside the room and closed the door behind me. I saw rows and columns of cages lined up on the sides of the room. I walked down the center and looked inside all the cages to find children inside of them. 

Some were sleeping, some looked at me scared probably thinking I was going to experiment on them. I searched for Jungkook's cage until I finally found him looking scared. I crouched down to his cage. 

"Jungkook!" He looked up at me surprised. "T-taehyung? What are you doing here?" I held up the keys in my hand, "I'm here to rescue you and everyone else here." He gave a grateful smile. "Now, do you know which key to use?" I asked him. 

"It's the third one." I stuck the key in the lock and the cage door swung open. He crawled out of the cage and stretched his limbs before engulfing me in a large hug. "Thank you." He whispered against me. 

I wrapped my arms around him to comfort him. "Now let's go save the others." I told him as we broke the hug. Jungkook took the keys from me and immediately unlocked the cage in front of him. 

He let the little girl out of the cage. She couldn't be any older than 10. She had short blue hair and bright blue eyes. Then I saw the cat ears that peaked out from her head and the tail that extended.

"Kookie? What's going on?" She asked cutely yet confused. "We're being rescued Eunmi. We're going to get out of here." He explained softly. Her eyes lit up with hope and happiness as she celebrated quietly. 

We then freed all the other kids, most of them being minors. There were about 30 of them. I led them out of the door and looked around corners before motioning for them to follow. 

I heard a noise and motioned for them to stop. A scientist walked by and looked at us before grabbing his walkie talkie and calling for help. He didn't finish his sentence because a boy clawed him. I shrugged nonchalantly.

Must be a wolf hybrid. 

We kept walking and we were almost by the exit. I told the other kids to go first and they trailed out the door. Then there was a gun shot. 

I turned around and saw a scientist holding a gun. I ran over to him before taking the gun from his hold and shooting him in the chest. 

I went back over to the group and saw Eunmi frozen still, dark red blood staining her clothes before she collapsed on the ground. 

-

Hiya! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! 

This is what Eunmi looks like. Anyways, I hope you have a great day/night! 💛💜