Prologue

I wish I was never born. No, 'born' isn't the right word. I wish I was never created. All I am is an experiment. Being stuck in this lab and being tested on day by day. It's not fun, trust me. They're trying to make humans have the characteristics of animals. Trying to create a 'better species of man so the human race can survive.' 

It's all so stupid.

I'm so sick of being stuck is this goddamn lab! That's why I'm going to escape. Right now. If my plan is correct, I should make it out alive. So I took the key to my cage that I stole earlier and unlocked it. When it opened, I sighed in relief. 

'Step 1, done.'

I tiptoed my way to the security panels that have no guards surrounding it. That's a really smart idea. I shut off the security cameras, unlocked the doors, and opened the perimeter gate. Then, I ran. I ran as fast as my legs could take me. I heard security rushing behind me, but they were too slow. I did have bunny-like characteristics now. They weren't done with all the tests yet, but I was. As much as I hate them, I'd have to thank them for giving me the ability to outrun those bastards. 

As I was running through a forest, I saw city lights. The city! I was finally free from that prison! I walked out on the streets of a city that looked oddly familiar. I walked around some more and I remembered where I was.

'Busan.' The place I was taken from. 

As I walked, my legs took me to a place I knew as my home. I was taken from my two moms when I was around 12 or 13. From then on, I've been nothing but the first person to be tested on by those scientists. I knocked on the door my old home and waited for a reply. I hadn't seen anyone but the scientists for 3 years. The door opened to reveal one if my moms, Jieun. 

"Mom?" I asked looking at her. She looked tired. 

"J-Jungkook?! Baby, where were you? What happened?!" She brought me into the house. She led me to the living room and sat me down on the couch. She brought me a mug of hot chocolate. My other mom, Chaesoo, came into the living room. She looked at me and gasped, hands flying to up to her mouth. Her eyes widened in disbelief. 

"My Kookie..." She trailed off. She walked up to me, cupped my face, and planted a kiss on my forehead. When she did, I felt something on my head and something underneath me. My moms gasped loudly. 

"K-Kookie, what a-are those?" Chae pointed to my head. I had no idea what she was talking about so, I brought my hand up to the top of my head. My eyes widened when I felt something like ears on my head. I ran to a mirror and screamed. White bunny ears were coming out of my head and I had a white fluffy tail. I walked back into the living room and sat down across from my moms. 

"I guess it's time to tell you what happened, huh?" They nodded their heads as a signal for me to continue. I took a deep breath and started to explain. 

"I was taken by scientists the day I went missing. They took me to their lab and did experiments on me. I guess this is the result." The room was quiet for a while until my mom broke the silence.

"Oh, baby... Come here." My mom gestured for me to come over to her. She gave me a big hug and pet my head, avoiding my bunny ears. Chae joined in the hug and we stayed like that for a while. I figured out that I can make my ears and tail dissapear and appear at my own will but, there might be events that trigger them to show. But all that clouded my brain was one sentence.

'I'm a hybrid.'

(A/N)- This is the prologue to my new book Different! I'm really excited for this one! Sorry for any mistakes. Just so you know, Jungkook calls Jieun, Mom and Chaesoo, Chae. Also, Jungkook is 16 right now. Have a great day/night (≧▽≦)