Sweet Spirit (Danny Phantom X Reader)

Story requested by @BeccaChainisaweeb !

If you want to request something spoopy or sweet, then comment it here or PM me.

Description

🤍Seniors in high school.

🤍Sam and Danny are together.

🤍Reader is socially awkward.

🔞Nope. Only a spoopy dude that likes being a ghost hybrid because YOLO

ENJOY!!

______________________

It was around the time senior year of high school. Even though it didn't feel like much at the time, so many things were about to change. College or not, I was going to graduate and live in the big bad world soon, no longer as a student. It was petrifying. Even though it seemed like so many kids had it figured out, one boy in particular was always in a constant battle with himself.

Danny Fenton was one of my friends, maybe one of my only friends at the time. He and his girlfriend Sam Manson, who have been together since freshman year, are one of the strongest relationships at our school. Danny is a superhero who fights malicious spirits and uses his powers for good. Sometimes, however, at school, he would love to prank me by turning invisible and scaring the you know what out of me. I never did stop him because it made him so happy, which made him smile his infamous smile.

I was head over heels in love with him. It was a shame too because even though Danny and I were close, he was even closer with Sam. Whenever me and Sam were alone in whatever situation, she would always plug in her headphones and shunned me out of existence for that time. But whenever Danny was around, she acted as if we've been friends since forever. It did bother me, but I didn't have the gull to say anything. Besides if I did, Sam would start rumors about me. Maybe even Danny himself, even though that would be unlikely considering he gets made fun of a lot, especially by a dude called Dash.

One day at Casper High when I was removing my binders for my classes that day, I heard some arguing on the other side of the hall. When I turn my head, low and behold it was Danny and Sam. She was going off about something Danny did, to which he didn't seem to remember what he did exactly. "You always do this crap to me!" Sam hollered in the hallway at Danny. "I-I'm sorry! I had to do that or else the world would have been doomed!" Danny exclaimed, causing Sam to roll her violet orbs. "That's such crap Danny and you know it. How about you pay more attention to your girlfriend then fighting ghosts for once!" Sam argues. Danny was taken aback from her comment. Students in the hall started tuning into their conversation, and some took Sam's side. "Please Sam, I'm sorry. I'll try to be a better boyfriend..." Danny apologizes as he started to become embarrassed. Sam scoffed and flipped her hair. "Whatever Danny. I need a break from you right now. I'm sorry but this is what it has to come down to." Sam finally says but in a sorrowful way. Danny was confounded by her words. "No please baby I'm sorry!" Danny cried to her, but she was already walking down the hallway. She stopped for a brief second, as though she wanted to change her mind. But then the first block rung out, signaling we were all late to our first class.

As the students scrambled to their classes, Danny just stood there in the now deserted corridor. He closed his eyes as tears began to spill out from them. My heart started to ache. I wanted to sprint over to him and embrace him, telling him that everything was going to be okay. My thoughts were then cut off by a lady who was monitoring the halls for kids who were late to their classes, also known as me. "What do you think you're doing out here young lady?" The old broad snapped at me. I gulped suddenly becoming panicked. I looked over to where Danny was, but he was gone. I knew he must've turned invisible so the hall monitor wouldn't have caught him. "I'm sorry! I'll get right to my class!" I pleaded as the lady snatched my binders from my now shaky hands. "I don't think so. You're coming with me to the office!" She roars at me, now tanking me up by my arm. "But my class is right there!" I exclaimed as she huffed at my comment. "Tell that to the principal." She hissed at me.